Bangkok

TotallyOz
This topic is 7426 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

...Oz-- I have to repeat what my cyberfriend wrote. "You are a lucky guy!" A very lucky guy in being able to journey to two of my favorite countries. When you return please let us know which guys you prefer.

I've been to Thailand only once, traveling to four distinct areas, but of these areas (in terms of the guys), I liked the ones in Pattaya and Bangkok itself. I liked the muscle bar called Twan or something like that. There are some great gay sites on the web. You might want to connect with them before going if this is also a first for you.

Also, Oz-- complete your Brasilian "tales" at that super-favorite forum of mine, please! Highlight or detail what transpired after you returned to Rio. What cultural pursuits did you take in? Just curious:-) :9...!

The Intercontinental appears to be near the Siam Center area - not an area noted for gay bars. To get to the bars in Silom/Patpong (where most first-timers go), you will need to take either the SkyTrain (the nearest station looks about a 10 or 15 minute walk away) or a meter taxi (very cheap). Since your hotel seems to be on the high-end of hotel rates for Bangkok, I would guess that unregistered guests are highly discouraged.

Axiom's favorite muscle bar, the Tawan, is on Soi Tarntawan in Silom, just around the corner from the very gay friendly Tarntawan Hotel on Suriwongse Road. There are scads of gay gogo bars within walking distance. Pattaya is about 90 miles southeast of Bangkok - roughly a $30 taxi ride. If you have the time, it's worth a look. A honky tonk seaside resort with about 4000 bars, including many gay bars.

Hi Oz,

You never replied to the photos I sent you of my trip to Thailand???

Intercontinental has a big Lobby and should not be a problem for guests if they are dressed properly.

If you haven't already paid for the Intercontinental then I have another suggestion via Priceline which is better and probably a lot cheaper if you can get it.

You should know my email.

john

Hopefully, some of your luck will rub off on me and I will find a boy to show me around. I have a friend that visits there often and he gave me the name of a guy who is like a local guide. I plan on hiring him the first few days to show me around and see where it goes. One thing I learned from Brazil is having someone that knows the area to assist is a great benefit.

I was recently in Bangkok. A handsome nice Thai guy showed/helped me around. I had met him a year earlier in Babylon. He was not a paid guide. Though as I would have done with any companion, I payed for his meals in restaurants, drinks in bars, and bought him small gifts now and then. Thai men are very friendly, polite, gentle, and helpful. You should not have difficulty finding a local Thai man to show you around. Just be nice to any Thai man, and he would more than reciprocate.

OHGWM226

There are gay bars, discos, saunas, etc., in Bangkok and the ones for tourists are in the Silom-Surawong area but there is no "gay area" in Bangkok. There is no gay ghetto; the gay venues for tourists are surrounded by the venues for heterosexual tourists looking for heterosexual sex. The guys in the go-go bars are mostly straight. There is no residential gay ghetto, Bangkok is nothing like your fantasies or like San Francisco. For ordinary gay guys in Thailand, it is, at best, a "don't ask, don't tell" society. The Intercontinental is not is Siam Square (that Intercontental is long gone--the current franchise is behind Gaysorn Center on Rama I/Ploenchit Road, an upscale mall). You are two skytrain stops or a short taxi ride from the go-go bars, discos, etc. The Tarawan Ramada or the Dusit Thani Hotel are within walking distance of the tourist gay places, but not the Intercontinental.

Archived