Bangkok, Jan 03

johnnysneakers
This topic is 7867 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From what I understand, things are not as free and easy as they once were. Gay bars are being cracked down on, and foreigners in general are being "watched." (See last week's Pattaya Mail.)

Bangkok is an incredibly interesting place though, and as long as you keep 'em over 18, you should have a great time. January is also a great month to go. Have you checked Dreded Ned's Gay Thailand site? I don't have the link, but go to Google and type in "gay Thailand." There is also Pattaygay.com for weekly reports.

Guest icon513

On the contrary, reports of crackdowns are completely overstated. Go-go bars, fuck shows, saunas, and discos are all going at full tilt.

The "foreigners being watched" comment was made by one Pattaya policeman in the wake of a bank robbery carried out by Russian mobsters. Nothing to worry about at all, as long as you don't plan on committing a crime or partaking in sex with minors.

For the latest info, I suggest visiting the board I co-moderate, the Thailand Message board at http://www.cruisingforsex.com.

Was there in March, had absolutely no problem.

Great place to stay is the Tartawan Hotel. This place is very niche just for us, you are éxpected´to have a guest overnight and for breakfast. They won´t let a boy in without proper ID, abd won´t give it back without clearance from you. Breakfast is a hoot with all the couples dining, you get to check out other catches from the previous night.

Best place for massage is Aqua, you have to ask around how to get there. Forget the others!

Glutes, good hearing from you. Are you still in BA? Now which is the Tartawan Hotel? Is it the Ramada or whatever it is now almost across from the Tawana Muscle Club? or is it a small b&B. I am not into small hotels which can be too intimate. I like larger ones where you have much freedom but still good security! Does anyone know the Riverfront Hotel, down by the Sheraton on the river. it is 5 storey and apparently very good with rooms starting at $24US per night!!!

The Tarntawan Hotel is on the same side of Thanon Surawong as the Tawan Club, probably a 30-second walk from door to door; the Tawan Ramada is across the street. Tawan Club is actually on Soi Tarntawan. The Tarntawan Hotel is several stories high - no B&B - but is not as large as the Ramada. I have stayed at the Tarntawan and enjoyed it fine. You may want to get a reservation in early for the high tourist season at it is quite popular with gay tourists.

Archived