rio hotels

tealady
This topic is 6205 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest EuropTravl

I think you better give your price range expectations.

I've been 2 or 3 times and only stayed at the Copacabana Palace Hotel and who wouldn't? (Although the Fasano Hotel on Impanema beach is opening this summer, too, and their Sao Paulo hotel is wonderfully luxurious.)

If you plan to spend less than your arm and leg, get on Travelocity and Expedia and type in your dates and Rio.

It's really kind of amazing that you would ask this question where it is surrounded by such a wealth of information that you wouldn't stop reading for days if you actually bothered to do the work. My guess is that a tour complete with guide and driver would be best for you.

If you're interested in spending lots of time at the saunas and in bringing someone back to your room (something I don't recommend for first-timers) your best bet is the Atlantico. It is walking distance to Point 202 and just across the street from the metro station which will take you to Club 117. (For Meio Mundo you should probably take a cab if you're unfamiliar with Rio.) Atlantico has the most liberal "visitor" policy in town, but again, before bringing someone back to your room be sure you've read all the safety tips here and on http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com

The Royal Rio is a modern hotel somewhat in the W hotels style. It is near a metro station but a bit more of a walk to Point 202.

The Ipanema Plaza is a more expensive property located in the heart of the Ipanema gay area, just a block from the beach. From Ipanema it's probable that you'll want to take taxis to the saunas -- there's no metro yet to Ipanema. (Maybe in a couple of years.) If you want to spend most of your time in Ipanema and at the gay beach, the Ipanema Plaza is a good choice.

Hope this helps. You can book any of these hotels through http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com

P.S. July is a winter month in Rio. A good time to visit -- usually not very rainy and milder temperatures than in the summer, when it can be over 40ºC/104ºF.

thank you for your help, i have read everything here, and at the other site as well. I am very excited about this trip.

i have tryed to send a note to the link you have include and it comes back as wrong e mail address. is this your correct e mail address http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com.

i would like to book a guide with you for the july 4th day, one last question,

which hotel is safest, or should i spend a few days at ipanema Plaza and then move over to the Atlantico for the rest of the stay,

thank you, i have just spent the past 2 days reading everything i can on this board, and the other board, it is a wealth of information.

i wanted to know about the Atlantico as several months ago it was stated that it had major construction going on and the pool was closed. so i was hopeing on some feed back if the Atlantico was still a good choice.

as a first timer going to rio. i just need a litlle more hand holding till i get there. thanks to all the posters over the years on the rio stuff

I've stayed at both The Atlantico Hotel and the Royal Rio Copacabana Hotel during my stays (six in all during the past five years), and I'd highly recommend both. But since this will be your first trip and perhaps you would like to bring some guests back with you after you've followed the advice given at both sites regarding this-- I'd definitely select The Atlantico Hotel.

The construction last year has been completed as of pre Carnaval 2007 from what I gather. And even when the construction went on, it began around 7:30a (a little too early for me as I had a room on the 12th floor), but I adapted.

As for guides go through http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com. I think Drey will connect you with Carlo (my travel consultant for four years), and you'll be assured to have a guide "who is worth his salt!"

Have a wonderful trip, and please keep your wits about you! Also, if you do not mind, I think the guys here as well at the other site would appreciate your writing about your first time experiences when you return or while you're there if you are game and have the time in which to do so! :-)

Archived