"Totally" lost ??

Funseeker 22
This topic is 7451 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Whatever happened to "Oz"??

Seems like he was keeping us posted on his virgin visit and then nada.

Did he fall under that Rio Spell or get mugged ( by our other SA m4mers ?)

I think the same thing must have happened to Ernani too.

I saw that City of God flick. Apparently you`ve gotta keep friends with the right folk or have Gringo as your compadre.

RE:

Oz and friend were seen a couple of nights ago having a grand time at Corujinha. I suspect they're enjoying themselves so much they haven't found time to write long web reports!

Ernani is madly in love, honeymooning in Europe in grand style, and therefore hors-de-combat for the time being. Wish him well; he's a nice guy and deserves it!

Guest Gringo

RE:

I was with Oz and company yesterday. We went to the Hippie Fair. Let's just say Oz likes to shop. I believe they are currently in Sao Paulo.

Up for breath

After an amazing week in Rio, I am now in Sao Paulo with friends: to recover and to enjoy another city.

My first week in Rio was simply indescribable. I don't have the story telling ability of Gringo, but I will try to sum up my experiences. Speaking of Gringo, this is perhaps the most well informed man in Rio on the places to visit that most people have never heard of. He is a tour guide extraordinaire. He was so kind to take us for a bit of shopping where the locals shop and show us around the city. He seemed to know half the people we bumped into and has a charming personality and an amazing sense of humor. Our visit to Rio was greatly enhanced with his kindness.

We had great intentions to visit some of the more touristy places in Rio. We had our itinerary all set and knew exactly what we wanted to do. However, as often happens when having too much fun, plans changed. We ended up spending almost every day at the saunas and meeting boys. We were content during the first half of the week to inhabit 202. After a conversation with Gringo, he convinced us to give 117 another try. Our first visit there was not as enjoyable as the ones to 202 so we were satisfied just staying at 202 for the remainder of the trip. We headed back to 117 one day and had a simply wonderful time. We ended up staying till around 10:30 PM.

Each day after that, we hit 117 and then 202 and normally in that order. We had great plans each night to eat at a new restaurant but ended up most nights hanging out at Chirijiba. It was OK for us that our goals for the trip changed as we had a blast with what we were doing.

We met two wonderful men from Germany and hung out with them several days at the saunas and ate dinner with them several nights. They were fun and witty and a perfect match for us to enjoy the experience of our first trip to Rio. We plan on meeting them this summer in Berlin so they give us a tour of their tromping grounds. J

We were able to make it to some nice restaurants in Rio on our stay. One of our favorites was Poraco in Ipanema. This is an all you can eat Brazilian restaurant. It was wonderful food and great company.

On our last weekend there, we were able to hire Edwardo (mentioned often in the FAQ section) as our tour guide. He was a tremendous help as he could talk to the boys for us and make sure everything was understood. He also keep us moving along each day to new places. For anyone just coming to Rio for the first time, I would highly recommend hiring him for 2-3 days to get situated. His prices are reasonable and he provides a wealth of information. On top of that, he knows a lot of the boys and is able to make arrangements outside the saunas for you.

We stayed the Le Meridian. It was a nice hotel and we did enjoy our time there. But, there are no guests allowed in the rooms. We were able to sneak a few by the reception during the beginning of the week but not after that. They most defiantly do not want visitors in the rooms of the hotel and I would recommend staying at another hotel if this is important to you. For us, we were pretty content just meeting boys at the saunas. But, a morning roll in the hay would have been nice a few times. :)

The FAQ section for South Americas is a vast amount of wonderful resources. We found ourselves searching it everyday. Trilingual has done an excellent job with this and it was the most comprehensive guide for what we needed to know. There is even a great section of words in Portuguese for the saunas. :) This I placed in my translation dictionary and took with me in case I needed it. Thanks to Edwardo, I didn't use it much as he was there to help us.

If I had my first visit to Rio to do over again, I would have learned some Portuguese before I came. I think this would have been more helpful to me than anything. It is not like Montreal where I visit 10 times a year. The locals here do not speak or understand English well. It was my responsibility to learn more about them and their language.

New Year's Eve was without a doubt one of the most magnificent and picturesque things I have even seen. Millions of people all dressed in white, fireworks all up and down Copacabana, flower offerings to their goddess. It was just so much to take it that I am still flabbergasted at what I was able to experience.

I could go on and on for hours about the specifics of our trip to Rio. I won't bore you with all the details. Let me just say, that my eyes were opened a bit more than ever before, my heart has a place for Rio and its people and my dick has seen more action than I care to admit. It is now time to rest and relax for me. As in less than 12 hours, I start the sauna tour of Sao Paulo. :)

We have a good friend who knows the area and is showing us around. We ended up staying at the Intercontinental and are very happy with our choice of hotels. Luckily, we are able are able to stay in Brazil about 3-4 weeks. We are going back to Rio at the end of the trip and plan on seeing some things I can write home to my family about. In the interim, it is time to get to know the boys of Sao Paulo.

Guest Gringo

RE: Up for breath

OZ---Thanks for the kind words. The pleasure of meeting you and sharing a small piece of the mosaic was all mine. Call me when you are about to return and maybe we can take another bite out of rio.:+

Oz, although we've never met--I enjoyed your assessment immensely; do take in as many of the cultural attributes that are available in Rio; use that guidebook or talk with Carlo from Romanus. If you do not wish to do his tours-- just ask him for suggestions, for he's local and is full of valuable info. When I took him out to a restaurant of his choosing (Pax in Ipanema)--I discussed the intinerary which I'd devised for a Saturday. From his imput in the arrangement or timing of the day's activities--it was a day that I shall always remember.

I just got back from a little over a month in Rio...OZ I spent 2 days at the SP airport Marriott as I volunteered my seat 2 days in a row, 1000.00 the 1st night and 500 the 2nd night. I thought about going to Lagoa but I was really saunaed out...Im downloading my pics to my computer now and should have them on ofoto by tomorrow.

Nice meeting you too Oz and gringo, too bad we didnt hook up for a "street tour"

MR OZ.

Thank you for your update. Glad to hear that you didn`t get

waylaid -or did !!!.

Hope that you`ll be able to give your observations on SP and Lagoa when you get another breathing moment

since I have never been there. Now quit shopping and `fess up.

I have tons to tell about Sao Paulo and the boys and the saunas. Tonight I am dead. My favorite boy from Rio came to Sao Paulo today and we went out on the town. Now, we are getting ready to have a bit more night time fun after a great night out with an amazing friend with a sense of humor that few can compare with and his tour guide. Our friend took us to the gay section of town and a bit of the nightlife in Sao Paulo. The dance cub we ended up at was HOT! I was very impressed. Wow. What stories I have to tell. Give me a a day or two and I will. I don't go around repeating gossip. So you better sit tight and listen close the first time. :)

Archived