Brazil visa on expiring US passort?

CT Dick
This topic is 7637 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm in the same boat. The Brazilian consulate told me that I can still use the visa printed in the old passport, so that means you have to bring both the old and new passports with you. However, it was a while back that the consulate told me this, so I'd suggest double-checking with your local consulate just to be sure.

However, this is the same system the U.S. uses, because we used to issue visitor's visas valid for ten years and many countries' passports are only valid for five years. They just have to show both passports.

If this is still the case for Brazil, I'm thinking of just stapling my old passport to the back cover of my new one to avoid losing it. Also, I have a paperclip on the page with the Brazilian visa so it's easy to find. When I arrive in Brazil, I fold up the entry/exit form and stick it under the paperclip to be sure I don't lose it, because I understand there are hassles and possible fines if you do (not to mention possibly missing your flight home).

Aargh, last January, I lost my entry/exit form, not even realizing that I had to keep it to get out of the country. (I later found it in my luggage.)

Perhaps I was lucky the day I flew out because the officer gave me a disgusted look, filled out another one and sent me on my way.

But I like the idea of paper-clipping the page with the Visa. They never can seem to find it.

Archived