Rio Hotel Suggestion

Brall
This topic is 7944 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In 9 days I leave for my first visit to Brazil! I have trimmed my hotel selection down to the followings, alphabetically listed below. PLEASE, provide comments, recommendations (for or against), and any other advice for the hotels. Location on the beach is not important. What is important is location to saunas or subway, value for money, and safety. My e-mail address is: denniscl@webtv.net

Thanks a lot!

1. Astoria Copacabana

2. Atlantico Copacabana

3. Copa Sul

4. Copacabana Praia

5. Copacabana Rio

6. Ducasse

7. Ibiza Copacabana

8. Ipanema Inn

9. Oceano Copacabana

I'd narrow them down to these. I've stayed at the Astoria. It's reasonable, convenient, walking distance to everything. The Ipanema Inn is an inexpensive choice if you want to stay in Ipanema, but if you want to be able to walk to Roger's, Estação and the metro station, then stay at one of the others. They'll all be approximately the same in price/class/services.

>1. Astoria Copacabana

>2. Atlantico Copacabana

>7. Ibiza Copacabana

>8. Ipanema Inn

>9. Oceano Copacabana

On Trilingual's recommendation, I stayed in the Astoria in July.

The location was excellent (3 blocks from Estação, 3 from the Metro (needed for 117), 4 from Roger's, and 3 from the gay beach and Maxim's). The staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are small but fine.

I have no reservations about recommending it.

Dick

RE: Atlantico Copacabana

In terms of location, the Atlantico Copa can't be beat especially for a first-timer. It's right on Siquiera Campos and Tonelero. A block away from either Estacao or Roger's... so it's very convenient getting back to your hotel if you're running late. Some 7 minutes walk to Arcoverde metro station. Staff are helpful...no problem having guests in your room, same price range as the other hotels mentioned. Btw, check with Estacao and Roger's for in-out privilege. I know the Estacao receptionist (Donizette) allows that. So you could check in early at 3.00 p.m., after a couple of rounds return to your hotel to recover, then if you're up to it go right back into the ring for more action/fun without having to pay another entrance fee. Be nice to the working boys and please also tip the towel boys and receptionist.

Atire a primeira pedra quem nao tem pecado...!

>I'd narrow them down to these. I've stayed at the Astoria.

>It's reasonable, convenient, walking distance to everything.

> The Ipanema Inn is an inexpensive choice if you want to

>stay in Ipanema, but if you want to be able to walk to

>Roger's, Estação and the metro station, then stay at one of

>the others. They'll all be approximately the same in

>price/class/services.

>

>

>>1. Astoria Copacabana

>>2. Atlantico Copacabana

>>7. Ibiza Copacabana

>>8. Ipanema Inn

>>9. Oceano Copacabana

I too have stayed at Astoria. It's a good hotel. My room was very spacious and clean. Astoria has small one for R$70 (or R$75). Mine was R$100. Astoria quoted me higher over the internet (US$45 in July)so I stayed at Apa for one night but I did not like it at all (tiny bathroom) so I moved to Astoria next day. 3 blocks from Metro and walking distance to 2 saunas and beach.

Archived