Rio is awesome!

Guest DaveM
This topic is 7960 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest DaveM

Hey guys, just returned from 10 days in Rio. If you are thinking about going, just do it! I was really surprised at how dirt cheap everything was and great food. Heck, it's cheaper to vacation down there then in the States. Everything everyone said about the saunas and guys are absolutely true, it's a virtual candy store with plenty of pickings. A couple of more notes for you guys. I met a guy from Ohio (asked me not to give his name) who happened to be down there the same time I was and showed me the ropes. It's hilarious. You get to know one of the "beer" guys on the beach (who provides you with chairs, beverages, umbrellas, etc). This is where some Portuguese comes in handy. Well, he'll provide you guys on the beach too. It's hilarious to pick up these 18-22 year olds and see their expressions when they bottom for the first time. Priceless and less than the guys in the saunas - I am talking huge pickings. Get to know the "beer" guys. My new friend from Ohio, his challenge was one of the lifeguards, got him on the second day. The tourist "police" - available too. I think every guy in Rio must be bi-sexual! He took me to the Fort Copacabana at the end of the Copacabana - you can't miss it, more like a museum, costs a few Reals to get in and it is staffed by the army. We had this gorgious hunk of a captain in uniform as our guide there. Took less than 30 minutes to get him in a private room and suck him off! What an amazing country. After the first couple of days of going to the saunas, I found it was more fun, more interesting and a lot more guys to pick from just on the Copacabana. Maxime's - over by the gay beach, don't waste your time on all the queens when you can get that gorgious looking guy sitting next to you on the beach!My Ohio buddy also introduced me to some American guys down there that rent apartments. $40 a night right on the Copacabana with 24 hour security guards (had one of them too). Never a problem taking a guy up. So many guys, so little time!

If you want my friends email address in Ohio, drop me a line. He's going back in October, and I may just have to go again too!

It's just so cool picking up these guys rather than from the saunas and you get to spend alot more time. FYI: Not a single problem at all in Rio, nor did I hear of anyone else having any problems! This place is paradise.

Not to be a wet blanket, but I just want to point out that there's a certain amount of risk to the kind of pick-ups described here, and especially for visitors who don't speak Portuguese or at least Spanish. Lord knows, I've met guys on the beach myself over the years, so I'm not trying to be preachy here, but I do speak the language and I'm familiar with the culture. Also, I did my cruising on my own, not through the beer vendors, although I have no doubt that the vendors have a very good idea of which guys on the beach play for pay.

The advantage of the baths versus these kinds of pick-ups is that you have a place to get it on right there and you don't have to worry about being mugged. Unfortunately, bad things have happened to guys who picked up people on the street/beach. Not often, but it's happened. Everyone has their own tolerance level for risk and you have to decide what yours is when you decide to go with someone unknown.

I don't want to be alarmist here. I've never had any problems in Brazil, personally. But as I said, on occasion some very bad things have happened, and it's important to be aware, especially if you don't speak the language. It's also important not to let your guard down too much when you're in Brazil. As I said in the semi-world-famous review of Brazilian saunas, Brazil has a way of dazzling people and making them forget their normal behavior, especially if they're first-time visitors, and that can create opportunities for someone unscrupulous. So cruise away, but do keep your wits about you! 'Nuff said! ;)

Guest DaveM

Granted, what you said is true. This is where common sense prevails. Also, the key is to get to know your beer man - he knows most of the people on the beach and who is safe. Besides, it's hard being mugged by someone barely sporting a pair of speedos and nothing else.

>Besides, it's hard being mugged by someone barely sporting a

>pair of speedos and nothing else.

Yeah so how much extra do you have to pay for that?

}>

I mean as long as its HARD and all.

Jeff

Okay serious follow up, I assume you would have to be very conversant in Portuguese if you were interested in some kind of specialty scene. If you say played a guy you were interested in a scene from a movie like Kristin Bjorn e.g. on a VCR ? Would something like that help cross the language divide?

Archived