Recent Revels in Rio

Guest pshaw
This topic is 7970 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Traveller, did I miss your post on the boys at LeBoy. Please

>tell us about them and how you picked them up.

The dudes are in much better shape (pretty close to perfect) and are a little more savvy. You pick them up the old fashioned way, you ask them. My roommate at NU (the captain of the baseball team) taught me one thing when I was still skanking for pussy. You go up to a woman (or now, man) and ask them out. The worse you can get is a no and then you're still in the same place as you would have been if you'd done nothing. It's really quite simple.

Besides, Morgan Stanley downgraded Brazil's debt yesterday, because it looks like LuLu, this ridiculous leftist that the Brazilians had the good enough sense to defeat twice before, is going to win the presidency in October. The currency is poised to fall faster than whisky down Teddy Kennedy's throat. They'll be desperate for dollars. So, on the bright side (there's always a silver lining), your costs should be half what mine were at Carnival. A much better return.

Later.

PS. If the direct approach is uncomfortable for you, I'm going to share with you another way to snag big Brazilian cock, but it's triple top secret. Don't spread this around. Go up to the dancer and say, "The devil has two faces." If he replies, "Pinocchio tops when he lies," you're going to get his fat ten incher up you ass until the next democratic administration (a minimum of 6 years). If he says, "Bambi's mother gives head," you can only blow him; and if he tells you, "Snow White grabs her ankles," well, you can plow his crinkle hole to your heart's content.

I hope this helps.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jaunty

Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

This has been a learning experience. In my first post, I was mildly critical of the lack of enthusiasm and passion on the part of the "gay for pay" types. That very evening, (Tues.) I learned to eat my words. 117 is closed on Mondays, and Tuesdays they offer a free 1st cabine in an attempt to revive interest. I arrived later than usual, c.7:30, and it was very quiet. Few customers, not too many boys, and Anderson was not therex( . FF had flown off and I was on my own. And then I saw Him!! Oh My God! I was face to face with my ultimate fantasy man! A junior Tom of Finland, with a face and smile to match. And he spoke some english! I managed to communicate that I would like him to kiss,that I expected a full hour, and established that he was ativo, nao passivo, which was just fine with me }> As I understand it, his name is Andreas. What followed was an hour of the highest level of ectasy. Sweet charming and playful, very good kisser,but when he started to mount me, the intensity moved up many notches! Looking up at his perfect face and body is something I will never forget! Obrigado, Andreas. He doesn't identify as gay, but this must be a labeling thing, because he certainly gave the impression of enjoying himself! He is definitely on the don't miss list, although I got the impression he isn't there very often. A university student studing computer science. I went back the next night for seconds and he was just as wonderful, although I somehow got the feeling we had reached a zenith and I should quit while I was ahead. I couldn't improve upon perfection.

Conservation of Energy Matters:

I don't ever remember being told as a part of my sex education that sex means ejaculation, but it is very easy for us to get that message. The boys obviously practice some ejaculatory restraint even though they are in their 20's. And for similar reasons, I suggest you try some experiments along these same lines, if you aren't into it already. One night, go to your first cabine and get close to the edge,enjoy the intensity, but don't go over. (some people call this edging) You will have more energy and enthusiasm for Boy #2 a short time later. And if you can continue this string until #3 or #4, Well}> Explosive is an understatment. Try it, you will like it.

The other Sauna: to be continued.

Guest Jaunty

The OTHER Sauna

After publicly praising the joys of 117 on a Friday night, You would think I would go there on my last night in town. I would think the same. But I hadn't been to Rogers yet. The bulletins from fellow patrons hadn't been too encouraging. Smaller, fewer boys,etc. But it was the oldest, some 17 years, a venerable tradition. Besides, I had seen a foto of Lucas, and I was in lust.

Several blocks further up the hill from Tonolero, the neighborhood is definitely not touristy, but still felt very safe. The owner, in his 50's, speaks english, is welcoming and may even live on the premises.??? It has a well cared for feel to it. Slightly smaller that Estacao, with a very quirky floor plan, the decor is bright, imaginative, fun. Much remodeled, it has 2 pipe plumbing, (cold & Hot water showers) great tile work. Boys friendly but not annoyingly persistent. Nice. Sometimes the bartender is too busy frying garlic to wait on you.

No, LUcas isn't in, but he is expected later . . . The first interesting man I met was the popular Apollo. Several posters have commented favorably about him. Great guy. I wasn't feeling too energetic (that was to change soon!) so he suggested starting out with a massage. Not very skillful massage, led into erotic play. Very nice.

Massage skills: Whether with the official house masseur on a table, or as a part of the cabine experience, I found massage skills to be very low.

Mauricio was next. Previous reviewer regretted that he had but one exchange with him. I agree. OUtstnding.

And then: there I was; face to face with Lucas. Looking for all the world like a world class collegiate gymnast or wrestler. Compact, probably 5'8" 160lbs of perfectly proportioned hard muscle. Northern European features and coloring. Hot, Hot, Hot and lived up to his appearance and then some! Rocked my world! A grand finale complete with skyrockets in the night}>

Separating the men from the boys:

If I had a chance at instant replay I would do my selection process from the first few days differently. There is a learning curve here no matter how much advance prep you read. The boys fall out into 3 catagories. Clear YES, clear no, and Interesting, maybe . . . . .

And it is the maybes that make up the largest group. Now I would clearly, with a smile and a touch, say "Nao Obrigado" and maybe a gesture and the word relax, which seemed to be universally understood. Done clearly and graciously, you can always go back and rekindle the flame when YOU are ready. Too many times I would try to soften things even further by saying "possible" by which I meant maybe in i hour to 2 days. The boy usually seemed to think possible meant 1-3 minutes! Which led to some situations that felt like a bout with flypaper:)

The Great, the Fabulous, and the Stellar:

The best of the best: Anderson 117; Andreas/Andres/Andrew 117;

Ernani; Lucas, (rogers)

Not to be missed: Mauricio (rogers)

Very, very good,highly recommended

Marcio Alexandre, (est) Butch, hairy chested passionate bottom.

Hugo Muller 117 sweet boyish, vers. and gay

Hobson Est Another CUTE sweet boyish type, had only been

working there for a week. Gay vers

Leandro Est looks like a typical foxy gay man stateside

sweet, says top only, but. . ?? hot

Apollo Rogers Sweet, smooth, joyful

GOOD, but . . .

Olnay? Est can be recognized by unusual bone structure

atop shoulders. bone about 1" vertical on each

side. (mount point for wings?) Hot, hot sex

but tried to hustle more money because he came

(after the fact)

Not Recommended:

Johnnie 117 Good looking but very uninspired performance

see narrative above

So little time: intriguing guys I didn't get to.

Antonio rogers Beautiful eyes, graceful body with beautiful

rounded pecs; has aura of Italian style even in

a towel !

Jimmy 117 Only boy I saw wearing glasses, small oval wire

(Shammee) rims. Tall, tight body,

not GQ face but . . ?

TRAVELOGUE: to be continued in final post.

More on the subject of tipping:

There are other ways of showing your appreciation than tipping cash. Most times, if I've been with someone I liked at the baths, I'll invite him afterward for a drink or snack (which often means he'll order dinner for himself). Additionally, you could offer to put the guy's admission on your own bill, which also helps him out.

Brazilians adore presents. Bring a few nice t-shirts from your home area (but not with obscene or overly gay sayings so they can wear them on the street) mostly in M or L sizes. You can give these out to special guys you see more than once. Most of the guys you meet at the baths are unlikely ever to travel abroad, so real foreign t-shirts with things on them in English, including city or state/provincial names and logos are very much appreciated and will be worn with pride long after you've gone home. Baseball caps also work. Small bottles of first-world lube and boxes of a dozen XL condoms are also welcome and flattering gifts! ;)

Guest Jaunty

Final Installment:

If you feel you may have missed a chapter or two, you may be right. The later installments are listed sequentially above. See ID #'s in far right column, 16,23,26,& 27. Posting can get a little tricky depending upon which reply button you click.

The New Math

We have fallen into the habit of repeating outdated financial equivalents, especially the value of the 50R (I wonder why;-)the 50? )

as $22. When I was there in 2nd week of June, the cash exchange rate at a competitive cambio was 2.6. Take a $100US bill into cambio and walk out with 260R, which means a 50R bill was costing just UNDER $20!

Credit card bill arrived and by comparison the exchange rate was 2.53. Credit cards vary widely in their charges for currency exchange. If it matters to you, call in advance of your trip to find out which of your cards has the best rate.

I didn't use ATM's this trip. Someone will need to do all 3 techniques on the same trip to get an accurate comparison of transaction costs.

Even stodgy old Amer EX Traveler's cheques worked well, if you take them to the American Ex office in the Copa Palace Hotel. The exchange rate was 2.59, just one Real per $100US off the cash rate.

Rodrigo, the office manager is drop dead gorgeous, well worth the premium!

Current rates, (23 June) are reported as 2.94 . . just an eyeblink away from 3 to one, which translates to six 50R bills per $100US.

The Devil made Me do it:

The "business card" of Roger's offers the slogan: "Diabinhos" a solta and the translation they offer is: Little devil Loose. Under that is the more direct phrase; A nice place to fulfill your Fantasies in a Discreet and Safe Way.

Why did I do it? I didn't want to be a cranky old man in a rocking chair, regreting that I didn't experience my erotic fantasies. Thanks to the boys of Brasil, I returned feeling much more complete. Fulfilling erotic dreams is a soul enriching experience and I am grateful to the men of Rio for sharing their youth, beauty and energy with me.

Why did I post all this intimate stuff on the internet? Good question! I ask myself that . . Ordinarily a very private individual, it felt like one of the most honest things I've ever done. Besides, I wasn't expecting a Supreme Court nomination anyway!

Travelogue:

There are other wonderful things to do in Rio:

Teatro Municipal: Wonderfully florid and dramatic Opera House. Tours in morning, long miday pause, next afternoon tour at 3(?) maybe 2. Get there before 11 AM. Take Metro to either Cinelandia or Carioca stop. Outrageous neo-Babylonian decor of restaurant below theatre is a must see even if you don't eat lunch there.

Do eat lunch at Confeitaria Colombo. A few blocks north at R. Goncalves Dias, 32. A Rio institution since 1894. Described as Art Noveau meets the tropics! Huge mirrors in ornately carved Frames, intricate tile floors, leaded glass dome; get the picture? Belle Epoque magnificence! Although you will be admitted in tourist attire, this really is the place for long pants and shirt. (You will see business men in dark suits and ties)

Museos:

Museo Villa-Lobos, Botafogo. Not recommended unless you are a RABID Villa-Lobos fan.

Museo Carmen Miranda Highly Recommended Avenida Osvaldo Cruz

As a card carrying gay man it is your duty to know something about Carmen Miranda!:) Before you go, check out from your public library the video;"Bananas is my Business". Great little museum. Buy a supply of CM postcards to bring back or send and ask to see the video which is a string of her musical numbers from movies, including the Girl in the Tutti-Frutti Hat! Just north of Botafogo in southern Flamengo. With a good map and sense of direction you can find it from Flamengo Metro stop, or bus passes by door. Low grey building in park, inconspicuous; very un-Carmen like.

Go Now, Play Now, Pay Later:

Do not expect this mini-paradise to last forever. We live in perilous times. Ariel Sharon may well be leading us down the path to World War 3, with shrublet holding his coatails.

Enjoy your trip. Who will be our next fearless reporter?

Over and out.

Guest pshaw

With one week to go until I arrive in Rio, you have definitely whetted my appetite. I am adding you travelogue to the other useful information I have accumulated from this site. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your experiences.

Guest pshaw

You've somewhat answered a question that had been floating around in the back of my mind - how amenable would a young man at the baths be to a meal afterward outside of the sauna? It's always nice to have a companion at a meal, even if the conversation may be somewhat limited. I'm afraid I didn't learn as much Brazilian Portuguese as I had hoped a couple of months ago. My phrasebook will be kept close at hand.

This week before I leave I'll be sure to pick up some souvenir t-shirts. Fortunately, here in DC they are quite easy to come by at 3 for $10.

As I begin my last week of preparation for my trip, I want to thank you as well as Jaunty, Verde, Tomcal_ and the others who bear primary responsiblity for me taking this trip in the first place.

Obrigado!!

:-)

Guest Tomcal_

Guys, as I have read Jaunty's detailed and well written "traveloge" it has got me as excited about going back in Aug. as i was in acticipation the first time I went last Oct. I agree with his sentiments, that "who know how long this will last" don't wait go now and enjoy a wonderfully sexual liberating experience! Between all the experiences written here since Oct of 2000 when i believe Tri wrote his first review, you can feel very self assured going by yourself and knowing you will have a great time!

A question about going to dinner after with one of the boys. We did that on at least a 1/2 dozen occasions, usually to Maxim's around 11:00 or midnight and it was always enjoyable! They seemed to genuinally appreciate the offer and you almost had to encourage them to order more then just a little. I have a silver ring that one of the guys gave me after dinner to thank me, it was a nice gesture~

there are seceral of us going in Aug. and i will send updates, but then in Oct. 21st several are going for 10 days, so if you still have unused vacations plans, your more then welcome to join. Thanks again to all the posters!

Guest Verde

To Pshaw: you're most welcome! I have always considered this forum as a clearing house of info...fellow travellers helping each other. You owe it to us all to report on your mission then.

On Tipping the boyz: my rule of thumb is R$5-10 but only for a satisfactory or better performance. That should cover your date's entrance fee and snacks. I would discourage overtipping or overpaying no matter how fabulous the boy or the encounter. Now, if you really want to pursue a one-on-one "relacionamento" that's a totally different ballgame. As an alternative to overtipping I suggest engaging multiple partners... why not have a threesome or a foursome or a mini-orgy? Or do an encore performance with that special someone if you have the stamina and the time. Spread the fat around and make more people happy including most of all yourself. At the current exchange rate, it's something like...US$18. Holy merda!! no wonder an American used to tipping back home would feel guilty and lose some sleep not tipping that gorgeous little devil. After all, what's $18 back in the Estados Unidos. But wait... we're talking Rio and Sao Paulo prices here. Do you know that for example in the city of Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (just over 6 hours by bus from Rio and a good base for that trip to Ouro Preto) you could have a "garoto" for R$20-30? That's right for... gasp...US$7-11 you could sample some of the finest and very well-endowed specimens of Brazilian manhood...for just the price of a BK whopper!! You'll find a lot of boys from Minas working the baths in Rio.

I agree that instead of giving money, buy the boy some refreshments or if you feel like splurging invite him out to a nice restaurant.. Or give him an inexpensive present. I don't smoke but most of the boys do, so whenever I come to Rio I buy the allowed two cartons of cigarettes at the duty free. A pack of Marlboros will be very much appreciated. Breath fresheners or those fancy chiclets are also big... for a heavy kisser like me I find them very handy indeed.

I return to this website today after being away from it for almost a WHOLE week-- I took a short but worthwhile trip to Chicago and San Francisco...

Jaunty, thanks a billion for your travelogue accounting your ventures in the land that is really, really south of ours. I, too, plan to journey there in October; your detailed accounts are appreciated. No, you were not verbose nor redundant. You told it as was, so to speak.

Thanks, man. I shall employ your suggestions and advice.:-)

Guest Tomcal_

Messsage 27 from Jaunty

I had to respond to Jaunty's List of "the Best" i totally agree, Anderson at Club 117, Andrew(Andre) of 117 and Lucas of Rogers. All three are passionate kissers, mutual oral, rimming etc. Anderson does not bottom, but the other two do with enthusiasm! Andrew, has an icredible body(Lucas does too) and very nice dick. these are three of only 4 guys that I did more then once, actually about 6 times each. I always wanted to try someone new I saw, but I can't wait to go back and be with each of these three again.

Thanks for posting details of your fascinating trip to Brazil. I feel as if I've been there already just from reading your messages. :)

I do have a question though. I've seen the $22 figure quoted a few times regarding the cost in US dollars for a meeting with one of these Brazilian guys. I wonder, though, what that amount of money means to them. For example, would you say that it would be the equivalent of offering someone in the US $100 in a similar situation?

Guest Tomcal_

>Thanks for posting details of your fascinating trip to

>Brazil. I feel as if I've been there already just from

>reading your messages. :)

>

>I do have a question though. I've seen the $22 figure quoted

>a few times regarding the cost in US dollars for a meeting

>with one of these Brazilian guys. I wonder, though, what

>that amount of money means to them. For example, would you

>say that it would be the equivalent of offering someone in

>the US $100 in a similar situation?

The min. wage in Brazil is $200. U.S./ Mo. so $20. is roughtly 1/8 of the monthly min. wage. compared to the U.S. where I think the min. wage. x 40 hous works out to $212. a week x 4.3 weeks a month = $911.

If you are paying 200. then it's 22% of the min.monthly wage.

Rio economics

Put another way, the per capita GNI, as defined by the World Bank Group, is US$34,260 in the USA. In Brazil it is US$3,590.

In other words, we in the USA make ten times what they make.

If a roll in the baths is 50 Reals that is about US$17.50 or about one tenth the rate of an escort not in one of the expensive US metro regions.

It works out. :-)

Dick

Guest Tomcal_

Lucas, who Jaunty refers to in post #27, and who I had mentioned in my posts going back to my rio trip in April, can be seen in the last issue of Torso, pages 12 -17(9/02 issue), as well as Armando-page 4. Lucasis short, about 5'8", muscular, a great and passionate kisser, and one of the best in Rio. He works out of Rogers sauana. Now I have a question. I know magazines make up alot of the interview part, but Lucas says(supposedly)in this article that he works at a "Men Only" hotel near Copacabana Beach! Tri, is there such a place, i have never heard of one there(or are they referring to Rogers')

The Guy Armando they say is a straight guy who never has had sex with a guy!!! yeah right! Well last April i was in a Cabine at Estacio where he works, and he sure fooled me!! Anhow, After Anderson last month and now these two, it seems our Rio boys are becoming internationally known!! So hurry up and visit them before the rates go up. I highly recommend Anderson:9 :9 }> and Lucas}>

Pass on Armando, not that much fun when compared to all the other boys at Estacio.

Guest Tomcal_

Yeah, that's him! but he has an attitude and one of the smaller dicks in Estacio(under 6") He's one of the taller guys there, about 6'1", and is the only guy i ever met in Rio that was not into kissing. Pass on him, there are so many others!!}> But this is the third guy in two month from the Rio Saunas(one from each Anderson from 117, Lucas from Rogers and this guy from Estacio)that have appeared in mags. in the last two months. Guess the photograpers found out what we all knew!

Guest Coco

I was in Rio last May for a full week and spent most of my time at Estacao and I never saw this Armando. However, I can tell you that I had a great time with the 20 y.o. twins (Rodrigo & Marcos), Bruno (not same Gaucho) and Kevin. And all those I met had no attitude at all. All very sweet, friendly and willing to please. Another guy I can highly recommend is Yan who works at Rogers. He has already been earlier reviewed, check the Rio escorts. He is well hung (9 incher) and knows how to use it. He's an expert top and will also bottom. Very amiable, patient, doesn't rush you and definitely no attitude. He came to my hotel room three times. Anyways, I'm going back to Rio next week and will be there for at least a month. Will be pleased to hook up with fellow travellers and exchange notes.

A couple of questions:

Are the saunas in Copacabana in safety neighbourhoods for tourists, meaning you can safetly walk going and leaveing?, or you need to go in taxi?

Do you think the sauna boys are, in general terms, disease free? I am not sure considering hundreds of clients they serve.

Guest Rough2FF

Tomcal, Jaunty....who the f**k is Lucas? Did I miss something here Jaunty the time we were down there? And you saif you had a photo? Please post it and send it to me as I am gonig down next week again.

Need to know for whom I've got to (especially) look out;)

About the "men only" hotel mentioned: A while back there was a "house of boys" on Figuereido Magalhães, near Roger's and Estação. I never tried it, and I don't know if it's still in business. Possibly that's what was being referred to. Or maybe one of the neighborhood "motels"? Who really knows? The blurbs about the models in those magazines are always so phony that you certainly can't rely on them for anything! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

>I was in Rio last May for a full week and spent most of my

>time at Estacao and I never saw this Armando. However, I

>can tell you that I had a great time with the 20 y.o. twins

>(Rodrigo & Marcos), Bruno (not same Gaucho) and Kevin. And

>all those I met had no attitude at all. All very sweet,

>friendly and willing to please. Another guy I can highly

>recommend is Yan who works at Rogers. He has already been

>earlier reviewed, check the Rio escorts. He is well hung (9

>incher) and knows how to use it. He's an expert top and will

>also bottom. Very amiable, patient, doesn't rush you and

>definitely no attitude. He came to my hotel room three

>times. Anyways, I'm going back to Rio next week and will be

>there for at least a month. Will be pleased to hook up with

>fellow travellers and exchange notes.

I couldn't agree more with your choices. I, too, prefer Estacao and my favorites include the twins who are sensational separately and - particularly - together. I will be posting a review on them with picture next week. (By-the-by, it's Rodrigo and Rodney - say "Hodgney" - not Marcos, and he's the one with the tattoos). Also Kevin but suggest you get him earlier in the evening - he usually gets there about 6 - as, unlike most, he drinks a bit and can get a little funky later. Also on my list are Eric, a smaller, adorably handsome and well built bottom with oriental tattoos down the left side of his abdomen, a very nice piece and a great melon ass and Jordan, a rather bullet-headed black guy with a slim muscular body and a big thick piece. About the only reason I go to Rogers these days is for Yann.

Details later.

>A couple of questions:

>Are the saunas in Copacabana in safety neighbourhoods for

>tourists, meaning you can safetly walk going and leaveing?,

>or you need to go in taxi?

At around 10pm I felt very save leaving. By midnight, I took a taxi (and the towel boy was gracious about hailing one for me.)

>Do you think the sauna boys are, in general terms, disease

>free? I am not sure considering hundreds of clients they

>serve.

The boys ALWAYS used condoms for penetration and occasionally for oral. The places are very clean. Safety is always relative.

Dick

Archived