How long is a session in a Brazilian sauna?

CT Dick
This topic is 8042 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

How long a time does that R50 get you? Are the cabines rented by the hour, too?

BTW, I just rented "Back to the Baths" by Marcostudio. It is in Portuguese with subtitles. Very hot! :p

Does anyone know which sauna was used? It was beautiful. The vid shows the check-in procedure and the layout.

Dick

Guest jizzdepapi

Connecticut's too big; meet you in Rio!

and what exactly where those Brazilian men doing in that cabin? you dirty dog you!

anyway, sick of travelling in CT so let's hook up further south later on, dick

best,

jizz

p.s.: love portuguese men, too, though i've only been with one that i know of. portuguese clubs in bridgeport, not too far from where the papis roam has always been tempting, but there's too many reports in the paper about fights breaking out there. oh well, portuguese+indigenous = brazilian. sounds good to me.

Guest touchla

Cabines are for an hour and the "sauna boys" will stay for about 50 minutes, although I was like a shark in a feeding frenzy. Couldn't wait to "taste" them all and usually spent an average of 30 minutes. Call me a sex pig!!

Guest Tomcal_

I agree with "touchla" when you are there, an hour is long enough as you are in a hurry to get back down and get the next boy! Seriously, i never felt rushed, you rent the rooms by the hour, but noone ever checked or knocked onthe door the few times we ran over. I was there during Oct. which is a slower time(and am going back next week, which should also be slow season)so there were no guys waiting for rooms to open up, there were always some available. If you do 3ways, Rogers will charge you double for the room(still no big deal, club 117 didn't charge us more for taking more then one guy up to the room.

>If you do 3ways,

>Rogers will charge you double for the room(still no big

>deal, club 117 didn't charge us more for taking more then

>one guy up to the room.

For what it's worth, most of my trips to Rogers involved three ways. One time this vaca, I had three of the guys in the room. The charge was always the same. No doubling or tripling. Don't know about 117 as it was closed when I tried to go.

Later.

PS. Maybe it's because during my last visit to Rio, Roger's issued me a frequent fuckee card and number.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Verde

You don't have to tell the reception how many boys you're taking to the cabines. You shouldn't be charged extra as the price is an hour or half-hour use of the room, not per person. Just tell one of the boys your tag number and let him get the key (& and the camisinha &lubrificante!!!).

"Camisinha" is Brazilian slang for condom. It's actually short for "camisinha de Venus" which means "Venus's little shirt."

"Matar saudades" (mentioned in another post) is hard to translate, but "satisfy a longing" is in the ball-park. There's no real equivalent of "saudade" in English. It connotes an inexpressible longing for something usually far away or irretrievable. Like an immigrant's homesickness for his original country, or the stab you feel when thinking of a long-lost love. Distill all of that into one word and you're thinking of "saudade," a very important word and emotion in the culture of the Portuguese-speaking world.

Guest Verde

Thanks for the translation Tri. I could use a tutor like you to help me with my Portuguese lessons.

By the way, in some bathhouses in other cities you don't pay the "boys" directly like you would normally do such as at Rogers. You and your date agree on the price, then you inform the receptionist how much you're paying (including tip if any), and it's added to the bill that you settle when you check out. This was my experience in the saunas I visited in Curitiba, Belo Horizonte and Fortaleza. Oh, don't forget to tip the towel boys!

That's interesting! I haven't run into that system of payment in a long time. When I first began going to Roger's in the '80s the cost of a "programa" was included in your total tab (it was fixed price, not negotiated). The system didn't last all that long. I assume the bath house wasn't paying the guys promptly and they threatened to stop coming unless they got paid directly, on the spot. So things changed to the way they are now, where you pay the guys directly. I wasn't aware the other system was still being used anywhere. It certainly can be more convenient, because you don't have to carry much cash and everything can go on your credit card. However, I don't know of any baths in Rio or São Paulo uses it.

Guest Jaunty

>

>

>BTW, I just rented "Back to the Baths" by Marcostudio. It

>is in Portuguese with subtitles. Very hot! :p

>

>Does anyone know which sauna was used? It was beautiful.

>The vid shows the check-in procedure and the layout.

>

>Dick

It was filmed at Thermos Lagoa in Sao Paulo. Good video. There is a sequel; "Towel Off", which I haven't been able to find. The US distributor is Top Ten Video (?) in LA. If your local video merchant searches under Marcostudios he might not find it.

Archived