Paris - Must See boys, men, museumes, etc.

TotallyOz
This topic is 7176 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There are so many things to do in the City of lights.

For dinner I would suggest the restaurant "Georges" located on the roof top of the Centre Georges Pompidou (Centre Beaubourg) with a great view over Paris. I had an excellent dinner last time I visited.

To see the decor http://www.arcspace.com/architects/Jacob_MacFarlane/

The Centre Pompidou is nestled in the heart of the gay area "le Marais"

Steven Draker ~

There are so many things to do in the City of lights.

For dinner I would suggest the restaurant "Georges" located on the roof top of the Centre Georges Pompidou (Centre Beaubourg) with a great view over Paris. I had an excellent dinner last time I visited.

To see the decor http://www.arcspace.com/architects/Jacob_MacFarlane/

The Centre Pompidou is nestled in the heart of the gay area "le Marais"

Steven Draker ~

>Any suggestions on a hotel that has high speed internet in the rooms in the gay area? :)

This is a difficult one. I usually stay on the left bank. Most of the hotels in the gay area (3rd district) don't have high-speed Internet access.

According to the GeekTools http://www.geektools.com/geektels/showhotels.php?country=France&state=Paris&city=

The Novotel Les Halles hotel has high-speed Internet (but I cannot confirm 100%)

The K+K Cayré hotel on the left bank (Saint-Germain des Prés) offers complimentary high-speed Internet. This is a very nice four star property and recently renovated http://www.kkhotels.com/hotel_HC_en.aspx

Steven Draker ~

>I will be in Paris for 7 days and would love to have any

>useful information on anyone or anything I must see or do

>while I am there. Thanks!

>

>Oz

There are lots of things to do in Paris for 7 days. For accommodations (gay friendly), I usually stay at Villa Beaumarchais - 5 rue de arquebusiers, 75003 Paris. It is in the Le Marais area and walking distance to George Restaurant (per recommedation of Steven Draker). For other things to do http://www.wheretheboysare.com/ . I hope this will help you in finding what you are looking for. A little bit information about Georges Restaurant... it is very nice, it can be very romantic and the view is spectacular. There is also a restaurant bar called Buddha Bar & Restaurant 8 rue Boissy d'Anglais 8e ... mixed crowd and if I am not mistaken they are located close to the US embassy. If you are around the Louvre area -- Le Cafe Marly plays good music during the summer and I think maybe around this time too. If you need more info send me an e-mail and I can list more places to stay and eat ... Bon voyage et Dites bonjour a Eiffel Tower pour moi. And I envy you ... I wish I could be there too. :D

>Thanks Steven. I will give it a try. Any suggestions on a

>hotel that has high speed internet in the rooms in the gay

>area? :)

Steven was right about high speed in the Marais district. I just go to an internet cafe on Blvd. Beaurmachais. The price is very reasonable and they are open till midnight.

"The Centre Pompidou is nestled in the heart of the gay area "le

Marais"

I'm not sure nestled is quite the word for the Pompidou. More like dumped, perhaps. It is so huge, so monumentally out of character with the rest of the Marais and Les Halles, which are adjacent, that you simply have to love the audacity of the concept. The reality is aging neo-brutalism.

There is a little bar/restaurant near the Opera called Le Vagabond which has decent food and some nice working mecs from time to time.

>I hope so too...he apparently hasn't had time to post! }(

I had a great trip, spent time with a beautiful boy, saw many great things, ate tons of amazing food and fell in love with Paris!

I am now at Black and Blue in Montreal with Firecat, Tampa Yankee, Marc Anthony and the gang. We are having a blast and I will report on my trip to Paris when I recover from Black and Blue! thanks for all the advice guys!

Oz

Steven,

Thank you for the George's Restaurant turn-on!

I was there Sunday night, the food was excellent, the view outstanding, the wait help, beautiful, the customers were beautiful, even the orchestra...oops, no orchestra.

Hint for others: Only with a party of 4 will you get a window-side seat, however, this restaurant has a view from almost table and where there is no view, the design of the restaurant is dazzling.

With one 55 Euro bottle of wine, two appetizers and no desert, the tab for our party of 3 was 200 Euro. As we left the restaurant, we stopped at the fruit-stand/mini-grocery across the street because I was still hungry. I think Paris just makes one want to eat. The food was very good and I sampled everyone's dish.

Merci!

HooBoy,

Glad you’ve enjoyed the “Georges” …

Even though this restaurant is on the high end of the price range it’s well worth visiting. Make sure to make a reservation on Friday and Saturday nights … and by the way the last time I was there a famous French Boys band was seating on the next table :9

Another trendy restaurant now in Paris is “La Suite” on Avenue Georges V across from the Four Seasons Hotel and a few steps from the Champs-Elysées which is run by Cathy Guetta.

http://www.hipguide.com/paris/clubs/1057608287.shtml

Archived