Philly---Tomcats ABS---Does anyone remember ?

Guest stry
This topic is 8256 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone remember when the Tomcats (downstairs from the SAnsom Cinema) had male live male dancers behind a screen in a video booth? Of course, the manager made it VERY clear that all or any of those guys could have been had for a price. The manager himself would close the booth while the customer and the dancer headed to the bathroom. I had Sir Carl on MORE than one occasion.

Guest Lorenzo

Wow, I never saw anything like that at Tomcat! The few times I was there it was kind of dead(weekday afternoons, probably not a good time). How long ago did they do this, and I wonder if they'll ever do it(or something similiar) again?

Guest desertdaddy

I fondly remember the "Tomcat" - it was especially memorable for hot Black men! I don't remember "Sir Carl" though - please describe him. Haven't lived in Philly for years but will be visiting this Fall - what are the "hot" spots now? Later... Buck

Sir Carl had dark hair, moustache, and the most beautifuly groomed dark hairy chest. He was always on at the same time as a dancer by the name of Wild Bill. Unfortinately, gone are the days. And, gone are the days of all the glory hole booths across the street at Danny's Adam and Eve. Who can forget lunch hour with the hot business executives---many of whom were wearing the wedding ring AND the cock ring.

Nowadays, we still have the Samson Cinema (if you don't mind losing your wallet through the MANY picpockets that frequent that place). Both Danny's and the Tomcats STILL exist but basically for buying things (and I DON'T mean men). The Adonis is quickly going down the tubes. That is a gay theater at 20th and Sansom which has had its share of problems with L and I. Our two "wanna be" bathhouses are the Club Body Center (now housed in the former Chancellor Bath building) and the new L and R on 18th and Chestnut (I won't go because I REFUSE to leave a picture idea at the counter until I leave)

Guest desertdaddy

Thanks. I remember the Adonis fondly - I dated one of the sexy cashiers in the early 80's. Haven't been there for years. Later... Buck

Which cashier? I was very friendly with MOST of them. I remember James, Fred, Duncan, Leo, Felix, etc. And who could forget LuLu several years later. But, I DON'T think you dated her.

Guest desertdaddy

His name was "Peter", beefy, dark hair and moustache, slight accent. He usually worked during the day. This was probably in 1981/1983. Later... Buck

Guest BlackBear10

Does this take me back, oH YES LORD, it does!

I had "Sir Carl" (or should I say Miss Carla"), more then once, YEA,he looked BUTCH alright, But when I pulled down my zipper, up went those legs if you know what I mean! He gave me his number, and told me to call and see him again. And, I did!

Had another Hot Boy there too, his name was "Woody", but he admitted to being a bottom. Anybody remember him? (Had him too, there and other places)

While we're on the subject of Old Time Philly - Is there anyone out there that remembers: The Allegro on Spruce near Broad or when the Westbury was at 15th & Spruce, how about The Steps on Delancy and Roscoe's on Spruce, and if you're really an old timer, how about The Mystique on Spruce, next to The Allegro. How about Equis, (now 12th Air Command). How about The orginal DCA and The Cell Block downstairs, then moved upstairs with the truck cab and the tub (that nobody ever used - or at least wanted to admit to using). And lets not forget Pearl from the cellblock - She made that place!!! How about Dewey's on 13th after the DCA. And Bill Wood (Now of Woody's) was a bartender at DCA. He used to be my neighbor. Let's not forget the ole C R Bar in Upper Darby, one of the oldest bars around along with The Lark in Norristown. How about the Camden Baths before Club Baths Philly were even around. Does anyone remember The Barracks on Sansom. When Society Hill Towers were called The Swish Alps when they first opened, and evey queen in town just HAD to have an address there! Also, Does anyone remember The Gay Beach in Atlantic City in front of The Claridge Hotel. The Lark, Ramrod, Dirty Edna's, Louise's, The M & M, The Chester, Saratoga and Chez Paree in Atlantic City? How about January's in New Hope, I bet "Mother" (God rest her sole) would be the only one to remember that bar. How about The Golden Greeks in Wilmington or The ARK down along the river in Wilmington. Did you know the owner was murdered in Mexico? (Long Story!!!) Or how about the Rennasance in Wilmington? Does anyone remember The Zodiac in Trenton or Casa Lido? Well, it's been way too much fun going down memory lane. Does Anyone Remember???

My God, did I have a nostalgia attack when I read that trip down Memory Lane! I remembered every place in Philly that you mentioned. I did not know the places in Wilmington or New Hope, because I rarely left Philly in those days except to go to New York or occasionally to A.C. However, I knew the Lark in Bridgeport, because I lived in Norristown before I arrived in Philly. I stopped into the Allegro and the old Westbury almost every night for a few years, and hardly ever left alone. The night the Allegro burned down was one of the turning points in my gay life. The Philadelphia bar and club scene was never as appealing to me after that.

Guest BlackBear10

OH YEAH, Does this take me back.....Do I remember The "TOMCAT"? OH YES GOD-I SURE DO!

I was ther a number of times, and Sir Carl (or should I call him "Miss Carla"?) as his legs went up the moment I unzipped my jeans. I saw him quite a few times,and that was away from that place. He gave me his I had him a everywhich way from sunday, and only paid for my first visit.

Also, had only twice was another hot number by the name of Woody. Anybody remember him?

Guest desertdaddy

OMG yes I remember "Pearl" from the Cell-Block! Very sweet, funny guy. My first boyfriend after I came out was "Gary", a handsome bartender at the Westbury bar. Later...Buck

Archived