Ancient Greek Wisdom

Guest cmp
This topic is 8268 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Greek were wise and open, they knew how to enjoy life. I can't remember which Greek philosopher said something like "No man can know what joy is until he rejoyces in the beauty of Mathematics, the love of a woman and the love of a boy". I wold like to ask a few questions:

- Does anyone know or remember who said it and how he said it exactly?

- What would your own order of preference be? I admit I would keep the women very close to the top of the list, I am probably in minority on this particular board.

- What would your picks be if you could pick any three things in the world? I guess some (many?) of you would replace 'cute boys' with 'very well endowed, muscled, mature men'. I guess many of my American friends would add baseball to the list. What would you choose folks?

I'd choose the platonic friendship of a woman,my motto is "I'll try anything once-except sex with a woman ":)YEUUUUUGHHH,anyway my three would be a sexy,muscular black stud a perfect sea view and all round sunshine.

P.S got one,working on the other two :) .Andy(vade in pace )

I already have all round sunshine. I hope you enjoy your sexy muscular black stud or perfect sea view. Women are near the top of my list (sorry). My top three list would also include mastering as many languages as possible (another one every year). I'm legging far behind this ambitious goal, currently dipping into Arabic.

So what would all the others pick? And does anyone remember how exactly that ancient Greek saying goes?

I do enjoy him most days :7,and the sea views aren't bad either if only i could do the weather-England the only country where can you have all 4 seasons in one morning(and i aint talking Vivaldi),dont be sorry for liking women as well as men(i think thats what you're getting at)it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things.

The quote is really bugging me it does sound familiar but unfortnately my school was big on Latin so i had to learn that for 5 years (well endured actually not really learnt :)) Andy (vade in pace )

Archived