Montreal this weekend

irishguybos
This topic is 6837 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The drive is nice especially the further north you get, however it takes at least 7 hours from NY. Not sure what the driving time would be from Boston. At any rate you've got to allow at least two full days for the drive round trip. If your car (assuming you have one) gets good gas mileage it would certainly be the cheapest way to go. You might have to pay parking in town. Hotels are about $20 per day. You might find a cheaper lot or be able to park on the street for free. You really don't want to drive around Montreal. Take the Metro or do cabs.

I'm surprised airfare is so much since it's usually $260 or so from NY. Maybe last minute airfares are more expensive. The Montreal dancers who used to work at the Gaiety always took the bus since it was faster than the train. No bus service from Boston? Seems strange.

There are two bus companies that have several daily

trips to Montreal:

Greyhound Boston to Albany. Then Albany

to Montreal (You might have to wait an hour or

so in Albany)

Vermont Transit Lines Boston to Montreal (with a few

stop in between)

These bus trips shouldn't take more than 8 to 8-1/2 hours

nor cost more than $100-120

Go for it - Enjoy the pleasures of Montreal!

Cheers,

Fisher :7

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I hate driving long ways alone, I think it's 5 hours from Boston. Anyway I checked on line and Jet Blue is $130.00 round trip to Fort Lauderdale, so Fla here I come. I guess Montreal will have to wait till I can plan ahead.

Again thanks.

Irish in Boston

Glorious Day in Fort Lauderdale !

Irish,

It's a glorious morning in Fort Lauderdale! The temperature is in the upper 70s, bright blue sky and lots of sun, light breeze, the beaches are all cleaned and raked, the ocean is clean and clear and rocking gently. Kids of all ages have gone home, taking their parents and grandparents with them. This is off-season and delightful. St. Sebastian Gay Beach and the 18th Street Gay Beach both had nice groups this morning. It is a perfect day for swimming and sunning and meeting guys, if interested.

Suggestions for dinner - Seasons 52 in the Galleria Mall on Sunrise or High Life at 3100 N. Fed Highway #1 or the new North Ocean Grill in the Pelican Beach Resort/Best Western at 2100 N. Ocean and overlooking the ocean. This is off-season so motels are at their cheapest all along Fed. Hwy 1 and Ocean Blvd/A1A right on the ocean.

Tonight the four stripper bars should have lots of dancers who will be eager to please customers because there won't be so many. Take-outs should be easy (in both senses) and moderate in price. Always negotiate; asking rate is always dream high, not reality. Start with twink appetizers at Johnny's, then move on to various age and size entrees at Boardwalk, try the gym bunnies at Dudes, and finish off, very late, midnight to 4 a.m., with tasty treats at Torpedos with more variety and back rooms akin to Stock in Montreal. Have fun!

Archived