Question for TRAVELLER (or anyone else)

Rod Hagen
This topic is 8306 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Phoenician, if nothing else for the pool boys! Great eye candy. Great customer service from all hotel staff, very large comfortable rooms with great marble baths. Location is central to many places in Phoenix or just sit by the pool (large) and have a cute guy spritz you with water mist

Guest desertdaddy

Hello Rod. Personnally I'd pick "The Phoenican" or a Villa with a private pool at Marriott's Camelback Resort. Later... Buck

Guest Jayinla

Hey Rod, when are you going? i used to live in az, You should definately not stay at the princess unless you want to golf in a great golf course. it is far too far from the city. You should consider the Phoenician or better yet the beautiful Biltmore. The biltmore was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

The phoenician is also very nice, you can get a little bungalow with jacuzies in the back

enjoy your stay.

Jay

<mailto:i4hireaz@aol.com>

Never been to Scottsdale, but I've always heard good things about The Phoenician. I thought I'd heard that the Biltmore need renovations, but I could easily be wrong. Have fun.

Later.

PS. I imagine that right now you're honing your shuffleboard game. And keep those arms limber for bingo.

>PS. I imagine that right

>now you're honing your shuffleboard

>game. And keep those

>arms limber for bingo.

Yeah, no shit. I am going to accompany a friend who is going to the Mayo.

The Biltmore looks best so far (someone who's judgement I really respect called the Phoenician mega-grotesque). I was surprised to see how well the Ritz Carlton rated in the latest T&L, the rooms on their webpage look terrifying. The rooms in the Marriot and the Hyatt were too kitsch. The Four Seasons looks good and it's much smaller than the Biltmore.

Does anyone have experience with the Four Seasons in Scottsdale?

http://www.rodhagen.com

"I will seek out these androids, and I

will break them with my bare hands!"

The Phoenician is a beautiful resort, but it is really big, and is usually crowded. The pool area is huge, and there is great eye candy. The rooms are spacious, but very tan. The fancy restaurant, Mary Elaine's has good food, very good service, and views of Phoenix that are second to none.

The Biltmore is old, and looks and feels it. The rooms are very small. But the property is beautiful, and historic. It's also centrally located.

I personally like the Ritz Carlton very much. It's beautifully decorated, and has one of the nicest cigar bars in Phoenix. It's also next to the Esplanade, a commerical high rise complex with restaurants and theatres, and across the street from the Biltmore shopping center (the nicest in Phoenix). But, it's a high rise hotel, rather than a resort. When in Phoenix or Scottsdale, you really should try the resort experience.

The Princess is big like the Phoenician, but I don't think it's as classy. Service is a half step down as well, and the restaurants serve Mexican or Southwest food for the most part. This gets a little tiring after a while. Biggest consideration is that it is in way-north Scottsdale. It's a long drive to any where.

I think the nicest resort in Phoenix is the Royal Palms. It's small and beautiful, and its restaurant (TCook's) is one of the best in Phoenix. It's pretty pricey

Thanks everyone.

The rooms at the Biltmore and The Ritz did not interest me. The Four Seasons is a sorta-resort, but it's nice and small and close enough to the Mayo. The rooms there seem good enough. The reservation is made.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.

-HAGEN

http://www.rodhagen.com

"I will seek out these androids, and I

will break them with my bare hands!"

Archived