Why do gay people exist?

ready182
This topic is 8328 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WetDream

>to scandalize older priests in confessionals.

>

Jizz -- think you are wrong on this one. I worked for a Catholic university and the priest who was head of the campus ministry told me: The first thing they do when an old Jesuit dies is to run to his room and hide all of his dresses. (They probably have wanted them for years!)

Guest jizzdepapi

RE: Why do gay people coapulate?

actually i think the boy sans shorts may be Doris Day's son. But he never had a Rock in his pants.

Guest jizzdepapi

Well, the Jesuits I studied under (not literally, of course) always said, "Never trust a man in a dress unless he's wearing pumps."

What happens to the pumps when an old Jebbie drops?

Guest ChicagoCorey

RE: "If you are looking for a serious answer ..."

That's because there are no answers.

You can't answer that question unless you have a strong frame of reference to why human beings exist at all.

If you're framing the question in a sociobiological sense, which is what I thought, then E.O. Wilson or (can't-remember-his-first-name) Barash are good places to start.

But if you're looking for other answers, I agree with the above postings -- first you'll need to find out why anyone else exists at all -- then start working with this queer little subset?

-------

chicagocorey@yahoo.com

get to know me/updated frequently

http://www.geocities.com/chicagocorey

Guest jizzdepapi

well, i'm sure everyone appreciates your deciding what they want to be posted for them.

to convince deej and charo that they are relevant!

Guest WetDream

If they match the dress, they take them as well. If they don't, they are taken to a Catholic resale shop. As you know, the Jebbies deplore waste.

Jizz, really, I dialed in the next day and am skipping the vast majority of your "mood" postings. I think I would have really enjoyed laughing over all of them had they been all on the same post (and don't tell me that you just kept thinking of one that 'had' to be added and ran back - even I would have gotten tired of that and gotten a scratchpad by the keyboard) but the way you posted them, while it could have been funny before the magic number where scrolling stops is just a pain when they have to be individually opened and I'm sure wasn't a laugh a minute for the moderators, like poor Deej.

Guest jizzdepapi

sorry, bilbo. my computer scrolls rather quickly and i hadn't thought that might not be true for everybody. just in a mood which has passed but i will watch out for this in the future.

Guest cp8036

To give last rights at a gay bathhouse.

I read somewhere years ago a Catholic priest had a heart attack and died in the bathhouse. Luckily there was another priest that gave last rights.

Do they still wear the collar, with towel?

Guest WetDream

RE: Any Ronald Firbank fans out there?

In "Concerning the Excentricities of Cardinal Perelli" the good cardinal dies from a heart attack while chasing an altar boy around the church. This wonderful opens with the cardinal baptizing a society lady's baby German Shepard Police Dog. Also has a minor character who is writing a book called "Female Queens of England." Check him out.

Re: What is YOUR answer Ready?

Lucky,

Thanks for asking. Actually, I have been seriously pondering this question for many years. While not exactly scientific, I have watched the documentarys, heard the rhetoric of the religious right, etc. etc. -- but found none of it to make any sense. And only recently, have I come up with an theory that passes my own "common sense" test. I am actually seriously thinking about writing a book on the subject (for some, no doubt a true indication of my underlying arrogance :). I have never written a book before, and for an in-the-closet str8-acting person like myself, this step (if taken) would be quite a life-changing event.

If I do write the book, the title would be "Why do gay people exist?". I think its a great title, mainly for it's ambiguity. Based on the title, one cannot tell if the book is anti-gay or pro-gay? And regardless of an individuals position, wouldn't they be interested in reading "the answer".

I'm not planning to reveal the ending here, but can share that IMHO the conventional wisdoms are a bunch of crap.

ready182

Archived