Help w/ planning West Coast Trip.

jasoncarter_dfw
This topic is 7113 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys...I'm planning a trip to 4 California cities in January and wanted to get some info on hotels, etc...for my visit. Any suggestions for affordable hotels in the following cities will be greatly appreciated:

San Diego

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Sacramento

I will be visiting each city 3-4 days and will definately post the dates once I've made my reservations. Thanks for the help! :)

- Jason Carter - Dallas, TX

- jasoncarter53@hotmail.com

- (214) 274-8127

Hi Jason,

Frankly all of these cities, except Sacramento, are so large that you are going to have to decide exactly where you want to be located. As far as I'm concerned the most convenient area in San Franciso is Union Square as it allows easy access to all other parts of the city. In Los Angeles the Westside is best and that probably means West Hollywood or to a lesser degree Santa Monica. In San Diego I would look at Coronado (resort area but a bit isolated) or downtown.

For good prices in all three cities I suggest you head to http://www.priceline.com and start bidding at around $75.00 a night for a four star or boutique hotel. If you are unfamiliar with priceline go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and it will explain to you how to use priceline. I have also found that I can do faily well renting a car on priceline as well. Good luck and have fun.

In LA, you'll definitely want the WeHo area, which has been discussed around here before and not much has changed. A search should turn up the usual suggestions.

And I'll second Union Square in SF, although there are 3 Best Westerns at 7th & Market that are pretty convenient too. (see http://www.renesonhotels.com)

I'm just curious .... why Sacramento? A good client? Given my druthers, I'd extend SF for a couple of day trips into Marin and Sonoma counties and forego Sacramento entirely. But that's just me.

Guest zipperzone

>I'm just curious .... why Sacramento? A good client? Given my

>druthers, I'd extend SF for a couple of day trips into Marin

>and Sonoma counties and forego Sacramento entirely. But that's

>just me.

Cause he has an appointment to do Arnie, silly!

Jason, my most favorite place in San Diego is not in Hillcrest at all. It is the Pacific Terrace Hotel in Pacific Beach. They have wonderfully large beautiful and romantic rooms with awesome Pacific views. If you're going to be "entertaining" PT offers a wonderful comfortable Oasis for you and your clients.

http://www.pacificterrace.com

In, WeHo, I still think that Le Parc Suites is one of the best deals in Town. For slightly more than a room at the run down gay Ramada, you get a wonderful studio suite including sitting area, small kitchen and well appointed bed and bath. Le Parc is a favorite of people in the music industry, so you may see a familiar face or two.

Again, if you're seeing clients, it is far more discrete and comfortable than anything else you'll find in the area.

http://www.leparcsuites.com

The only places that I have stayed in San Francisco and Sacramento were quite forgettable.

Jason, I haven't read but one thread re: your query, but I would suggest that you do a search here: there have already been very good recommendations given for hotels in both Los Angeles and San Francisco; I don't know if any suggestions are in the archives regarding Sacramento and San Diego.

The search function is a great feature here! I always use it prior to my asking; in my doing this, I always have gotten excellent additional information.

Jason in San Diego Hillcrest is the Gay area but not the place to stay. If you plan to work in San Diego then I strongly suggest the Old Town area for lodging. Tjis is minutes from Hillcrest, Downtown and Mission / Pacific Beach areas. For clients who might be coming from North County it's just off the freeway and less than 30 minutes from nearly all of the county. Old Town is one of those historic areas so there are both new and very old style hotels. The rates are very good and the area is pretty safe.

If you're not working and just want a really nice place near the ocean pretty much anywhere in LaJolla or Del Mar will fill that need.

Enjoy your California tour :)

RT :)

I'd like to thank everyone for their tips, phone calls and suggestions. Taking that coupled with biddingfortravel.com, I think I'll be all set. I'll be posting my travel plans for my featured appearance at Hustlaball Las Vegas as well as my California trip very soon in the appropriate forums. Thanks! :)

- Jason Carter - Dallas, TX

- jasoncarter53@hotmail.com

- (214) 274-8127

Archived