Hotel in Montreal near gay village??

Guest Tomcal_
This topic is 7843 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tomcal_

It's been 3 years since i have been to Montreal and stayed at a place called, I think, Des Governears, I think owned at the time by Radisson hotels. About 20 stories tall. It was on the corner of St. Catherine at the start of the "gay village". about two blocks west of Campus. I can't find it on the web. Does anyone know the name now?, I would like to book it, great location and nice rooms. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like Gouverneur is a good place to stay in Montreal. Does anyone know about Hotel Bourbon? It seems to be more central in the village. Since I plan to be there in November I was looking for a place with less walking. It is $135 CDN/night.

Gouv is a comfortable place, nothing fancy, hardly a 4 star place but that's ok.

I have not stayed at the Bourbon, but have heard very mixed reviews. I heard of one person saying his room was broken into and stuff stolen. That was enough for me to lose any interest. Since I hang out mostly at Campus and Stock, Bourbon is not as convenient anyhow. Bourbon is right near the Sky Complex and I think there is a lot of unsupervised traffic around.

Hope that helps.

Hey all, just back from a great visit to MTL. I might submit some kind of review, who knows. As for where to stay, I have stayed at the Gouverneur and it was ok. Clean and comfortable and a good breakfast (fun to see familiar faces from the clubs the evening before. . . customers and customers with dancers!) However there are good other choices. REMEMBER THE METRO! I am now a great fan. This last time I stayed at the Renaissance on Avenue du Parc. I was redeeming points. Was a nice 3 block walk to the Place des Artes stop and then a short ride to Beaudry where Stock is 1 block west and Campus 2 blocks, and the next stop serves Taboo, 1 block north and L'Adonis, 2 blocks east. Nirvana is between both stops. My point. . . for $7 CAD you can get a day pass. The Metro, Montreal's underground, is clean, quiet (rides on rubber wheels) and efficient. All the major hotels are near a Metro stop and the day-pass comes in handy when jumping from one end of the strip to the other.

Thanks for all the on the Gouverneur. I think I will go there. One more question, what is the best way to get there from the airport? Does the hotel have a shutte? Does the metro go between the two? taxi? other? Thanks.

>There is also an airport shuttle "Autobus" $19.75CDN round

>trip ($12.54USD). They have a booth outside the terminal,

>just follow transportation signs.

The Gouveneur is around the corner from the central bus station, one of the stops on the airport shuttle.

Dick

Taxi's are great for a speedy ride, but the Aerobus works great and is a bargain for US $12.00 round-trip. They make a stop downtown where you can get off at their small terminal and change to a smaller shuttle will take you to any hotel in town. Just tell the driver at the hotel which hotel to need. I got from the airport to my hotel this last time in less than 40 minutes. To return just have the bell captain or concierge call and they will pick you up at the hotel.

Archived