Red in NYC raided Fri. nite

LIguy
This topic is 7917 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello to all,I've been a long time reader of these forums and have learned quite abit from the postings.I stopped by Stella's last night and one of the bartenders said that Red was raided Friday nite and that they will no longer have dancers.Anyone know if this is true?

I also heard that they were raided and could only re-open if they stopped the lap dances. Thought Bloomie and his administration would be more relaxed but looks like the ghost of Rudy still haunts the NYC gay scene.

My information about the RED raid comes from the bartender at the Townhouse. He told me that during the week, the NYPD told the owner "NO MORE LAP DANCING". The "back room" had to be refurnished, no more "couches". The owner complied with the "Commissioners" request, but the Friday Night Red Scare came unexpectedly. Result, as of now, no more dancers...Hopefully, my friend V D N will know more.

I'm curious, who tipped the NYPD off? I hope it wasn't anything published here. :-(

............. "COOPER" ............

>I also heard that they were raided and could only re-open if

>they stopped the lap dances. Thought Bloomie and his

>administration would be more relaxed but looks like the

>ghost of Rudy still haunts the NYC gay scene.

======================================================================ROFLMFAO...... for all u right wing compassionate conservative republicans...heres your freedom loving compadres in action.makes me even more fervent in my believe that ALL americans should have the right to be who and what they are.damn i'm so proud to have been brought up as a knee jerk bleeding heart live and let live liberal democrat.......it allows me to be gay without having to be a hyprocrite..huuurrrrraaaaaaa

>Well, this site does make it easy for the vice squad...they

>just sit here and wait for someone to tell them what's

>happening, with whom, and where! On the other hand, what

>else we gonna talk about? Theater?

OK, so next weekend's NYPD raid will be at Club 545. Great! and I was saving up my $'s for that one. Lucky, I hope you were right about them allowing you to leave your underwear on, it would be too easy to recognized you without them!

Re: "RED RAID", seems like lap-dancing wasn't the only thing going on in that "back room". Sorry NYPD, I can't say anything that might incriminate me. :o

Guest nu2dagame

I guess it is official, the RED of the past is no more.

I went there last night and it was totally dead. No dancers at all : (

THere were people there but it was the usual upper east side "mature" gentlemen. THe Vibe was totally different. I was optomistic that things had picked up and maybe returned to the way they were becaue they had the nerve to raise the entry fee to $6 (was previously $5).

So sad. I'd rather go there than Stella's. There was this one Go-go boy that was new that I had taken a liking to and he to me. I was going back to "seal tha deal" and alas he is no longer there. He was just how I like em- a latin cutie (cute to me-someone you would look twice at but not that pretty boy type) Not a steroid queen, although his body was firm not necessarilly cut up and hard. He seemed a little shy and new because he would always wear these grey boxer briefs over his black bikini's. Not one of them "flaunt my stuff out in the open with a g-string" kinda guy even though he could with his body . And his ass was full and muscular with just the right amount of flesh to be soft yet firm. ahhhhhhhhhh Damn! I wish I could find him. missed opportunities. I should have gotten his number when I had the chance.

We know that Red does not have dancers now. Does anyone know if things will change in the future? Are they waiting for things to cool off? I know people are reading this page maybe they are too shy to post a message. If you know anything let the rest of us know. Talk back to your connections at the Stella's and the Townhouse, see if they know anything. If there is no entertainment why the hell are they charging 6 bucks to get in? Does anyone know what happened to the dancers. Did they all go back to Stella's?

Let us know something if you know anything.

Thanks

Guest Fin Fang Foom

>for all u right wing compassionate conservative

>republicans...heres your freedom loving compadres in

>action.

Last time I checked, the City Council was (overwhelmingly) controlled by Democrats. Have the Democrats been screaming about this or are they being silent? That would be so unlike them.

Curiously yours,

FFF

Incidentally, Michael Musto mentioned Red in this week's column for the Village Voice. Here's a partial quote of the column:

In perhaps sadder club news, Red was just raided by the cops, and as a result it won't have gay lap-dancing anymore, just your basic, honest bouts of young men searching for "sponsors." It's called wallet-dancing.

You can find the entire column at:

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0241/musto.php

Guest Armand Tesla

Jeez, is law enforcement really that homophobic? Most of the so-called "Gentleman Clubs" that feature female strippers have lap dances and I don't hear anyone bitching about that.

Archived