Last Weekend at The Gaiety

ready4boi
This topic is 7930 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Thunderbuns

RE: WHAT'S NEXT...

>Why do you call Denise "LEZBO UNDER GLASS"? Is this an

>estrogenophobic comment? Why do you assume she's a "LEZBO"?

>Character ASS ASS ination?

Forget it honey - you're too obtuse to understand!

Thunderbuns

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Thunderbuns

RE: STILL ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF BASHING..

>>Why do you call Denise "LEZBO UNDER GLASS"? Is this an

>>estrogenophobic comment? Why do you assume she's a "LEZBO"?

>>Character ASS ASS ination?

>

>To IAMI2002:

>

>I applaud you for speaking up and bringing to our attention

>another perfect example of a vicious attack on an innocent

>person's character.

>These derogatory and slanderous comments aimed at Denise,

>owner of the Gaiety, are out of line for any regulated

>board. The bad behavior exhibited by the author of these

>remarks should be enough to have him removed. Vultures like

>these should be forced out and left to find another board to

>feed on.

>**Out to Denise: Kindly accept my sincere apology for not

>speaking up sooner. I'm just as guilty as the next member

>for putting up with this crap for so long. I'm truly sorry

>you had to read it.

>

>Respectfully submitted,

>"Cooper"

Memo to Cooper and IamI2002:

Here's a thought - why don't you two get married? - that way you can carry on your Mary Poppins existance until the cows come home!

I can't believe you are so haphazzard in what you read that you missed my earlier explanation. But just in case you have an early case of altzheimers - here goes, one more time.

LEZBO UNDER GLASS. She has been declared as a lesbian previously by another poster. So if you don't like it, complain to him. AND, more importantly - how can you claim calling someone a lesbian is a derogatory remark? How homophobic are you for God's sake? If you think calling someone gay is derogatory then you must have many unresolved issues about being gay. No wonder you write such wierd requests for advice. Run - don't walk to your nearest shrink!

And as she sits in that stupid glass fronted booth all day counting her moolah, she is under glass.......... Duhhhhhhhhhhhh.

As for your lobbying to get me removed from this board - be my guest. I have contibuted much more to this board than you ever will. You have been here about the length of two heartbeats and suddenly you think you are the High Priestess of Messagedom. The board is quite adequately monitered by men who know what they are doing. If they feel my posts are inappropriate I'm sure they will let me know. As you are a self-appointed critic I would call your assistance superflous.

And last but not least, your heart felt apology to Denise is too pathetic for words. For your information, I now have to dash off to the dry cleaners with the clothes I was wearing while reading your post. When will I ever learn the dangers of reading Cooperosities without a barf bag handy?

Thunderbuns

RE: STILL ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF BASHING..

TB:

Some User Friendly Advice:

People seem to be reacting to your posts by the way you are responding to them. So here's a helpful hint on how to improve the quality of your messages.

When responding to a message, try not to "attack" the individual but address the topic. By doing this, people will take your posts more seriously and respond more favorably.

Remember, when posting a message, it's not the QUANTITY that counts, but the QUALITY of the message. There is no rush to reach that 2000 mark.

"Cooper"

Guest Thunderbuns

>As far as tipping goes, I think it's a matter of

>education. Most women have not been taught how much to tip

>(either they've let their men do it or whatever) - granted,

>if you've ever worked a bar or tables (been there!) you know

>damn well that in a service industry, workers rely on their

>tips.

Hey Tina!

I don't think your observation will stand up under close scrutiny. What's to be taught? It is impossible in our society today not to realise that the proper tip is a percentage of the tab. Even the most mathematically challenged can figure out what 10% amounts to - and although most service people would call that a cheapskate - at least it's a start.

And ever since we gave them the vote :-) and Gloria Steinman started beating her big bass drum, women have come a long way and nothing could convice me that they don't know the ins and outs of tipping.

As an example of how far they have come - the president of both General Motors and Ford, in Canada, are women! Can you believe it? And I say good for them.

I always think, when I see a bunch of women out on the town, sitting there with calculators in hand trying to figure out their portion of a bill, that the server is going to get stiffed. And why do women think they have to work out their share to the penny? Why don't they take the approach of most men and just split the damn thing "X" number of ways?

Now I do admit that tipping a stripper may pose a different challange than tipping a waiter. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that placing money that folds, in their G string, would work!

Take care.....

Thunderbuns

Guest wndrwoman

>And ever since we gave them the vote :-) and Gloria Steinman

>started beating her big bass drum, women have come a long

>way and nothing could convice me that they don't know the

>ins and outs of tipping.

>As an example of how far they have come - the president of

>both General Motors and Ford, in Canada, are women! Can you

>believe it? And I say good for them.

Hi TB,

Women CEO's (in U.S.and Canada - I'm not considering the rest of the world which still treats women as slaves) are still not as common as the media would like us all to think. The last decade has also shown us the return of stay-at-home-moms and subtle pressure from the moral majority to poo-poo the traditional concept of feminism. I'm sure you know how the pendulum sways when it comes to trends. If you know any women who have kids and work, you'll see how this societal pressure makes them feel guilty, etc.

Feminism taught women how to emulate men and how to be aggressive. The new feminism is (hopefully) teaching women how to be ASSERTIVE and live in the REAL world, without depending on men. But to say that because women have been given SOME rights doesn't mean that society treats them seriously (see stats on "domestic violence" and "sexism in the workplace"), any more seriously than society treats gays or non-Caucasians in this country. Maybe when women start feeling like they're getting treated fairly, they'll start contributing their "share" (including tips) to society. I see the problem (pretending not to know how to do "male" tasks such as tipping) as being a subtle "fuck you" to society for keeping women down.

I know you didn't ask for a diatribe on sexism, sorry, that's just my 20% worth....

;-)

tina

P.S. And as stated earlier, I've waitressed and bartended in my youth, so I DEFINITELY tip well.

Thank you for your response WnderWoman!

I do agree with you when you day that men probably have behaved badly in strip clubs that feature women but - even though I have never been to a strip club featuring women - anything that I have ever been told is that if a male patron even looks like he would act out of line, Bubba the 450 pound bouncer/linebacker and two of his 350 lb friends would put that man in line in a heartbeat. That does not happen with women (I would not expect Bubba to start bitch slapping a rowdy female patron around until she calmed down but management should intervene to control customers who are disturbing other patrons)

As for the tipping issue (if someone has mentioned this I do apologise for repeating it) but gay men have disposable income. Gay men in decent paying jobs can afford to spend money on "incedentals" where even a single straight man or woman does not. Since most of us will not ever have children nor the possibility of supporting a spouse, we do not always have to worry about spending that little bit of extra cash, regardless if it is in the form of tipping a stripper all night or shelling out for a private show from them every now and then.

Thanks once again Tina for your input. It is good to hear from you (and Kathryn) every now and then.

Guest wndrwoman

(I would not expect Bubba to start bitch slapping

>a rowdy female patron around until she calmed down but

>management should intervene to control customers who are

>disturbing other patrons)

>Thanks once again Tina for your input. It is good to hear

>from you (and Kathryn) every now and then.

You're quite welcome, mmk.

And as I've stated before, a woman in a gay male strip club is a GUEST and should act accordingly. Maybe some bitch-slapping should be in order from time to time....

}>

Archived