Idaho Man Sentenced for Intentionally Spreading HIV

Posted (edited)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/idaho-man-gets-30-years-for-trying-to-spread-hiv-through-sex-to-male-victims/ar-BB1lZqzx?ocid=BingNewsSerp

186199.jpg?r=1715211796880

An Idaho man was sentenced last week to 30 years in prison for trying to spread HIV to dozens of victims. 

Alexander Louie, 34, admitted to having sex with 30 to 50 different men and boys, including a 16-year-old, and didn't tell his partners he was HIV positive so he could infect them with the disease, the Ada County Prosecutor's office said in a news statement.

I just don't get why people want to do this. He's either mad at the world for getting HIV and wants revenge basically and/or finds it sexually exciting to infect people with HIV which is more likely I think the case when it comes to this guy.

Edited by BuffaloKyle

Based on the penalties I know of for purposefully spreading HIV, I was surprised by the teaser and the article. And that is not a judgement by any means.

I dug more. Spreading of the HIV fluid is only punishable by a 15 year max in Idaho. ID Stats 39-601 and 39-608 outline this. The individual was also found guilty of 2 additional felonies:  sexual battery of a minor, and enticing a child through the internet.

In ID, sexual battery of a minor is a 15 year max, and child enticement via the internet is a 15 year max.

Most articles I read indicated that the convicted individual admitted to having sex  with 30 to 50 different men and teenage boys. The prosecutor called his behavior “egregious.”

I think some might find the judge's sentence   “egregious” for someone who engaged in said behavior 30-50 times.

18 hours ago, APPLE1 said:

Based on the penalties I know of for purposefully spreading HIV, I was surprised by the teaser and the article. And that is not a judgement by any means.

I dug more. Spreading of the HIV fluid is only punishable by a 15 year max in Idaho. ID Stats 39-601 and 39-608 outline this. The individual was also found guilty of 2 additional felonies:  sexual battery of a minor, and enticing a child through the internet.

In ID, sexual battery of a minor is a 15 year max, and child enticement via the internet is a 15 year max.

Most articles I read indicated that the convicted individual admitted to having sex  with 30 to 50 different men and teenage boys. The prosecutor called his behavior “egregious.”

I think some might find the judge's sentence   “egregious” for someone who engaged in said behavior 30-50 times.

Yeah, state laws vary big time when it comes to intentionally spreading HIV.