AugustAF in DC

Penn7

so everyone likes to call this out, and i get it.  i will say, i have noticed that sometimes i "search" and nothing comes up - to include stuff i've commented on.  dunno if its a glitch or what, but even if someone tries a search, it can appear to come up empty.

9 hours ago, spacecowboy said:

so everyone likes to call this out, and i get it.  i will say, i have noticed that sometimes i "search" and nothing comes up - to include stuff i've commented on.  dunno if its a glitch or what, but even if someone tries a search, it can appear to come up empty.

If you're reading a forum or particular topic the search box defaults to restricting your thread to that scope. I've been faked out by this many times, it's very frustrating.

22 minutes ago, Your Man in Arlington said:

If you're reading a forum or particular topic the search box defaults to restricting your thread to that scope. I've been faked out by this many times, it's very frustrating.

Yes it does default to the topic you're in, but I've fallen for it often enough that I usually remember to look at the text at the end of the search box for the drop down list to change it, if necessary.