B and B in NYC

Guest jeejer
This topic is 8506 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Much as been posted about hotels in NYC, How about some of the gay B and B's? looking at Chelsea Pines. Colonia House and Incentra Village Inn for a weekend with one of my favorites from out of town. Since they seem to be gay friendly or gay owned it seems there should be no problem with sharing a room as long as you booked for two. I'm looking for a more relaxed, laid back atmosphere and thought this might be the place to look. Also am getting tired of the institutional look of hotels.

Anyone been to these with ideas and suggestion?

Thanks

I have stayed in all three of the places you named many times. Incentra is not really a B&B, since it doesn't offer breakfast; each room has its own kitchen and you can make your own meals if you like. It also offers the most privacy--some of their rooms are even in neighboring buildings and are more like apartments. It is also the most expensive of the three: I stayed there a few weeks ago and it cost $120 a night, still pretty cheap by Manhattan standards. Chelsea Pines is more like a vertical motel; it has a breakfast room with standard cheap motel fare. The rooms are quite small and many share tiny communal bathrooms in the halls. There are about six high floors and no elevator (I've always gotten stuck near the top of the building). There seems to be a lot of traffic through it, and there is no staff there after about 11pm. It cost about $90 the last time I was there. I haven't stayed at Colonial House for a long time, but of the three it is the smallest and the most like a B&B, and the only one on a reasonably quiet residential block. The rooms didn't have phones or tv in the past. I think it was a little more expensive than Chelsea Pines. You can manage an overnight guest easily in any one of them, though you would have less privacy about it in Colonial House.

I have stayed at the Incentra many times. It is an excellent

place for the room (and one loft apartment), location and the

prices (for NY City). Unfortunately, it is so good that a three-

day stay is required on weekends. No, they don't serve breakfast,

not you have your own kitchen. The loft apartment is probably

the best deal in the entire City. Can't recommend it too highly.

Archived