MattyDeuce -Acc’t Hacked

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You should consider informing RM about what happened. While it might not result in a refund for you, it could potentially prevent others from facing the same situation.

I am so sorry to hear that, how big was the deposit?

If it's any comfort, I'd prefer to lose some $ in that way than to waste even more $ plus time on a scammer like this who promised a sensual massage and then pretended we had a misunderstanding.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/47634/

Just posted on another thread. The point is that as unpleasant as your experience was, it could have been worse. You are doing the right thing by sharing your experience here and, indeed, you may want to alert RM or post a negative review there. Actions should have consequences, these scammers need to be put in their place.

I wonder if his RentMasseur account was hacked?  Matty has been in the Charlotte, NC area for years and before that Myrtle Beach, SC.  His Masseurfinder ad still has him in Charlotte and the phone number is different. But it's not out of the ordinary to have different numbers on each website. I've never met him so can't personally vouch but have heard great things. This seems so strange. If you have been scammed, maybe try contacting him through masseurfinder to report the issue?

He did state his rentmasseur "account was hacked and all communication up to this point was a scammer stating he's home in North Carolina and never was planning to be in New York any time soon."

Not sure what to believe.

Still can not reply to his rentmasseur message.

I've booked with Matty a few times in Charlotte so I can vouch for him and say that his Rentmasseur profile probably did get hacked. The last time I had a session with him was about two or three months ago and at that time he did not, nor did he ever previously, ask for any kind of deposit and his cashapp has his actual name and picture on it.

Edited by shadesofgrey

Hello all, this is Matthew, the owner of this profile .. I was, indeed, hacked!  It's absolutely embarrassing the way this person was conducting themselves and I hate one of you lost money, but glad it was only one and it was only $50. Thank you so much to my loyal clients that reached out to let me know about this!! I was not in New York (been at my home in Charlotte, NC since returning from my last trip to Chicago in early March), and they changed the phone number and email - so I wasn't getting any notifications. The support on rent masseur is not great, so I don't understand how this happened! But I was able to recover control and change the password.  I've been in the industry over 8 years now and take pride in my work! Many clients all over the country can attest to this, and I always conduct myself in a professional way! I have not ever required a deposit to see me, my work speaks for itself when you experience my session!! I do have the Venmo name they used and will be reporting it. To the gentleman that unfortunately got scammed by this dead beat - I will gladly credit you this as a discount should we ever meet!

These are the two profiles I have, and it's the same NC phone number on both

RENTMASSEUR.COM

View my profile on RentMasseur.com

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/34915/

And that gentlemen is how a quality provider addresses a bad review.

It's a brief review of the facts from their perspective, a very short critique of the party that they feel wronged them, followed by description of their services, including why clients should be motivated to hire them. As an added bonus here, we even have a proposal to attempt to resolution with unhappy clients.

Yikes, what a story!

As if we needed more reasons to never-ever pay deposits, we now have another one: The account may have been hacked! WOW!

Cheers and best wishes to all, this was a valuable lesson, thank you for sharing! It's also nice to see how things get clarified and taken care of when the community comes together.

• Cooper changed the title to MattyDeuce -Acc’t Hacked