Grammys 2024

As an old geezer, I actually somewhat enjoyed this year's show. I feel Trevor Noah makes a great host, and it was nice to see Billy Joel perform a new song, although it wasn't memorable, sounding decent enough, though. As if artificial intelligence wrote it. 

The only thing I heard that was new to me and appealing was whatever U2 played. Their hit drought isn't quite as long as Mr. Joel's, 20 years compared to 30, but I like their chances of hitting the charts with what they performed more so than Billy. 

As for the other Billie, did anyone else see that performance at first and immediately think Mr. Pitt should've interrupted her to ask which tube socks would work better? If you get that joke, you're likely peeing your pants right now. 

Worst of show would have to go to Travis Scott. I know he's the king of auto-tune, but when your a millionaire several times over, there's no need to take the aggression of whatever is making you angry and destroy things. 

Also, I don't care how iconic one thinks they are, everyone should get an introduction. SOMEONE is seeing you for the first time, all the time. Remember that, Oprah. (Winfrey)

Finally, I've been a huge Lenny Kravitz fan from his beginnings ages ago. I was stunned and shocked that when he was announced many years ago as a special guest at a Super Bowl, he was relegated to only playing guitar for 1 Katie Perry song, and that was it. He was only on tonight's show to introduce a segment. What a waste! Let him play. 

I found much of the show was shallow, pretentious, disrespectful and/or long winded.  What the hell is up with these people?

But I'd rather focus on the good.  Loved all of the following.

Joni  Mitchell 

Tracy Chapman/Luke Combs Fast Car

Miley Cyrus won twice.  She is awesome.  She ought to cover What Was I Made For at the Oscars.

Billy Joel

Celine Dion