Are You Seeing Other Members' Signatures?

mike carey

Kia ora everyone.

The issue came up a week or so back of a member not seeing a provider's signature (which contained a link to his ad) and asking the provider to post that link. The display (or not) of signatures had been canvassed as an incidental comment in an earlier thread in this forum. As that was some time ago, and this time it was raised in a Travelling Providers thread which we will delete once the provider's trip is over, I thought I'd repost my reply to it here in a thread that likely won't be deleted.

Initially I had noted that it may have been an artefact of viewing the thread on a mobile device, as I recollected (with no level of certainty) that some devices may hide signatures. I also said I didn't know whether visibility could be selected in settings. Until I looked at settings later.

On 1/1/2024 at 3:46 PM, mike carey said:

I didn't know because I hadn't looked.

Go to your name at the top right of the page > click the drop down menu > select Account Settings > from the options list on the left of the screen select Signatures > at the top of the page there's a toggle between showing and not showing other peoples signatures, select Show > scroll down and click Save.

Since I had the signature showing on both my devices, when I went into settings I had Show selected, as you'd expect. If you aren't seeing them and you already have Show selected, I don't know if there are any other ways that the software or your device might interfere with whether signatures are visible to you.

Something I noticed when I was experimenting at turning this on and off was that when a signature is visible there's a faint x at its right margin (on my laptop) that gives you the option of hiding the poster's signature. There are some posters whose signature I might consider hiding if they become intrusive but I'm hesitant as I don't know if you can reverse it.

I'm happy to be corrected on any of this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 10:12 PM, mike carey said:

Kia ora everyone.

The issue came up a week or so back of a member not seeing a provider's signature (which contained a link to his ad) and asking the provider to post that link. The display (or not) of signatures had been canvassed as an incidental comment in an earlier thread in this forum. As that was some time ago, and this time it was raised in a Travelling Providers thread which we will delete once the provider's trip is over, I thought I'd repost my reply to it here in a thread that likely won't be deleted.

Initially I had noted that it may have been an artefact of viewing the thread on a mobile device, as I recollected (with no level of certainty) that some devices may hide signatures. I also said I didn't know whether visibility could be selected in settings. Until I looked at settings later.

I'm happy to be corrected on any of this.

You had me at Kia. I shall forward my St Lawrence Seaway port address posthaste. It is not in my signature.

giphy.gif

Edited by SirBillybob