& Juliet

foxy

For a fun time on Broadway & Juliet certainly delivers. A large cast of pretty, talented performers singing, dancing, hanging from the rafters. Throw in exploding confetti, blazing light shows, bubbles, smoke, spinning sets, you name it. Never a dull moment. And it has a message. Plus a really cute Romeo. 

DD9EBABA-C847-4B9A-988A-C09E816D8D64.jpeg

149BFCD0-31A9-4B63-8A8A-6030B575546E.jpeg

I also saw “& Juliet” and enjoyed it very much. It’s a funny & creative story on Juliet’s life had she not killed herself.

It’s a lively production with a very likable and youthful cast. The role of William Shakespeare, played by Austin Scott (Hamilton), was outstanding. The fight with his wife Anne over who controls the quill pen was a hoot. 

The blind casting for this show worked. Young Romeo was hot looking, however, the very talented Juliet, played by Lorna Courtney, looked old for this teenage part. 

The jukebox music is very current and recognizable, no original songs. The orchestra comes out of the pit and onto the stage for the curtain call. And, yes, be prepared to dance. 

The huge amount of confetti was impressive and glittered in the stage lights. When I got home I still had confetti on me. 

Was very lucky with day of tickets. Went to TKTS and got center orchestra row F. Cost: $100.

Although “& Juliet” was nominated for several Tony awards, surprisingly, it didn’t win any. It’s been playing on Broadway for about a year. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg