Seinfeld is being offered 'nearly 9 figures' to 'reboot' his series

Ali Gator

Nine figures to reboot his series - for just two seasons ?  That's a lot of money being thrown at him - and 'reboots' don't always work like they are expected to ('Murphy Brown', "Will & Grace", 'Gilmore Girls', etc.). Personally, I think viewers want to see 'fresh' and 'creative' comedies - such as 'The Great' - rather than revisit old shows, most which have to be reworked due to 'cancel culture' (what was funny a decade ago may not make it pass the censors today). 

WWW.CRAZYDAYSANDNIGHTS.NET

October 12, 2023 This former A+ list television actor who is more famous for being funny than any acting ability, is being offered nearly ni...

15 hours ago, Ali Gator said:

Personally, I think viewers want to see 'fresh' and 'creative' comedies - such as 'The Great' - rather than revisit old shows, most which have to be reworked due to 'cancel culture' (what was funny a decade ago may not make it pass the censors today). 

Isn't Michael Richards still 'cancelled'?

2 hours ago, nycman said:

I always hated the show and he comes off as an ass in interviews. 

But how do you REALLY feel?

23 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

In the 90s I thought the cast and the show were really funny.  But rewatching episodes in the 2020s, I find pretty much every character on that show incredibly annoying.  I doubt the original would have done as well if it were made today.

I watched the show the whole time it aired, and liked it, but didn't love it (same thing is true for THE SOPRANOS) and have zero desire to ever re-watch it, or see new episodes.  Even though I did enjoy the show, I found each of the characters annoying at some point, and it was rare that at least one of them didn't grate on my nerves over the course of a few episodes..  

23 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

In the 90s I thought the cast and the show were really funny.  But rewatching episodes in the 2020s, I find pretty much every character on that show incredibly annoying.  I doubt the original would have done as well if it were made today.

In re-runs, those earliest episodes remain painfully unfunny, and the series finale was ruthlessly panned when it shouldn't have been. For me, the show remains a social litmus test. On one side, you had Seinfeld lovers and on the other, Simpsons lovers. If you loved the latter, I likely don't like you!

17 minutes ago, viewing ownly said:

the series finale was ruthlessly panned when it shouldn't have been

Oh yes it should have been.  It was terrible; the only redeeming factor was lasting image it gave one of those 4 locked up for crimes against comedy in the finale, or rotating general annoyance during the run of the show.  

Edited by samhexum
for absolutely NO @%!*ING reason at all!