Food Network Star Michael Chiarello Dies at 61

Michael Chiarello, a celebrity chef and former Food Network star, has died. He was 61.

Chiarello passed away over the weekend at the Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa, California. He was being treated there for the last week for an acute allergic reaction that led to anaphylactic shock, his company Gruppo Chiarello shared in a statement obtained by The Wrap.

The late chef's family also confirmed the news per the publication, "We deeply mourn the loss of our beloved patriarch Michael. His culinary brilliance, boundless creativity, and unwavering commitment to family were at the core of his being. He brought people together through the joy of shared meals, fostering lasting memories around the table."

Chiarello opened his first restaurant, Tra Vigne, in Napa Valley in 1987. Over the years, he greatly expanded his reach, opening various restaurants across the state of California, generally focusing on Italian-style cuisine. He also ventured into winemaking in 1999, opening Chiarello Family Vineyards, followed shortly by his own brand, Napa Style. 

His television career began with his first series, Season by Season, which ran on PBS in 2000. After hosting two more series with the network, Michael Chiarello's Napa and Michael Chiarello's Napa: Casual Cooking, he moved to Food Network for Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, which premiered in 2003. The following year, he also premiered NapaStyle on the Food Network's sister network, Fine Living Network.

Michael Chiarello - Wikipedia

I do want to point out that when his death was first announced the other day, it was also said that this allergic reaction was not due to any recent "Covid vaccine shot", nor was it "a food allergy". I guess those rumors started spinning quickly. Since then -as with the posting I have shared - those statements have disappeared. However, I did want to share everything of what was said since his death. 

(I recall seeing him as a frequent guest on many talk shows over the years - including 'The View', if I'm not mistaken). 

Edited by Ali Gator