Is Scooby Doo a Super Hero?

BuffaloKyle

Is Scooby Doo a Super Hero?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is Scooby Doo a Super Hero?

I've never thought Scooby was a superhero.  Yes, he's a dog that can speak, but I always figured a superhero needed to have 'superhuman' abilities. Plus, he doesn't use his talking ability for any heroic purposes.  He is often the one, along with Shaggy, who gets the 'gang' into more troublesome situations than they otherwise might encounter.  He's basically the Gilligan of the entire franchise.

What may be superhuman about the rest of the cast is that they manage to wear the same outfits for dozens of episodes in a row, evidently never soiling a garment along the way.  I doubt there was a washing machine in the Mystery Machine, though they could have each had multiples of the same clothing.  I'll stop now before I really start to overthink this.

1 minute ago, CuriousByNature said:

What may be superhuman about the rest of the cast is that they manage to wear the same outfits for dozens of episodes in a row, evidently never soiling a garment along the way.  

You mean like most cartoon characters in the history of animation ? 

It's been decades since I've seen a Scooby Doo cartoon, but my vague memory is that he and shaggy occasionally caught the bad guys through some sort of luck rather than skill.  So, in a way, Scooby may have been like Gilligan but he had better outcomes.

I don't consider Scooby Doo a superhero since a superhero requires having some mental or physical trait that is extraordinary.  Scooby talking is no different than any other cartoon character talking.

Scooby and the gang aren't super heroes, per se. They can be considered vigilantes at most since they tend to "solve crimes" without following proper police procedures or abiding to any laws. The Scoobies have teamed up with  super heroes before, though -

Scooby-Doo Team-Up Comic Books

9 hours ago, Xavitv said:

You mean like most cartoon characters in the history of animation ? 

5 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

Good point...lol

Funny how the one cartoon set in the Stone Age has washing machines. Still, they each have one type of outfit.