Julian Sands RIP

José Soplanucas

I heard they'd identified him on the radio. Strangely, what I haven't heard/seen reported is whether he was found on or near the trail, or whether he'd fallen off the mountain (this would be pretty obvious). I just hope he didn't suffer for too long with broken bone(s). The news reports (and presumably the officials who found the body?) also haven't reported whether he was appropriately attired (crampons, axe, etc.). Or could this have been a bizarre suicide?

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I heard they'd identified him on the radio. Strangely, what I haven't heard/seen reported is whether he was found on or near the trail, or whether he'd fallen off the mountain (this would be pretty obvious). I just hope he didn't suffer for too long with broken bone(s). The news reports (and presumably the officials who found the body?) also haven't reported whether he was appropriately attired (crampons, axe, etc.). Or could this have been a bizarre suicide?

Perhaps the medical examiner will be able to tell if he died from a traumatic injury - such as being caught in an avalanche (apparently several had occurred around that time).  Hopefully this will provide additional closure for his loved ones.  RIP.

I'm waiting for a reporter to actually do an investigation to find out more about the death. It doesn't seem as if any reporter has made any effort other than to listen to official pronouncements from the Sheriff's Department, Coroner, etc. How about interviewing the hikers who found the body? Investigative journalism seems to be dead.