Aggressive Massages

Pd1_jap

Howdy y'all, 

I've recently had two masseurs give such strong and aggressive deep tissue massages they left bruises on my body.

As far as I know, bruising your client is not a good sign. Are these masseurs trying to tell me they don't want me to rebook? I've told them both that deep tissue isn't my thing and I powers prefer soft but consistent pressure.

Anyone have similar experiences?

2 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Apparently you needed to do more than that. I would tell them once  then, get up and walk out before you are battered and bruised.

I think I'm just not going to see these guys again. At the very best it's a subconscious way of telling me to fugg off. At the worst it could escalate into more pronounced violence. 

I think you have to keep in mind a lot of these guys aren't actually trained so they're incapable of being able to switch things up, they have one routine they use on everybody or they're just not that skilled and get away with it because they're "hot" 😐

I've actually had the opposite problem, most of the guys I've tried their touch is way too light for me and even when I tell them they can put more into it, it's still pretty weak.

Definitely don't see them again, keep trying out others until you find somebody who can provide the type of massage you like.

52 minutes ago, Pd1_jap said:

I think I'm just not going to see these guys again.

That is the way.  I wouldn't worry about getting into their heads for a story that reflects on you. There's no way to know that.  But they did not respond to simple, direct requests from you, and so underperformed.  Move on.  There are excellent providers out there, you just have to find them.

It happened to me once.  I told the guy to ease up on the pressure and he'd do so for a few strokes, and then he'd go back to what was apparently his style. I told him I didn't like what he was doing and he joked that he was "an s&m masseur."  I told him he should advertise that way if that was his thing since I wouldn't have hired him had I known that.  It was all rather uncomfortable (physically and otherwise). 

I agree that it's likely that these guys just aren't properly trained in massage, and they have misinterpreted "deep tissue" to mean put as much force as they can all over the body in an uncontrolled fashion.

Recently had a super-strong, very powerful massage, so strong that in two spots I asked for lighter pressure (and got it). Overall it was terrific - and didn’t leave a single mark. None. He was well-trained, advertised as therapeutic only, knew what he was doing. I’ll repeat.

Edited by Peter Eater

14 minutes ago, Peter Eater said:

Recently had a super-strong, very powerful massage, so strong that in two spots I asked for lighter pressure (and got it). Overall it was terrific - and didn’t leave a single mark. None. He was well-trained, advertised as therapeutic only, knew what he was doing. I’ll repeat.

I’ve searched for someone like you describe but no luck. 

I’ve had a very deep tissue that left bruises after. I didn’t ask the masseur to stop and had some pain for a few day thereafter.