Non-Caffeinated Preworkout/Pre-Workout?

Penn7

Also asked this in a comment today on a 2022 post but wanted to invite additional advice, please. I like my caffeinated preworkout (Amino Energy) BUT I don’t like having to take sleep medication every lifting day just to get to sleep at a decent hour. (I can’t get to a gym early mornings. Usually go lunchtime or later.)

Workout supplements were discussed in a prior string. There is little evidence of benefit for almost all exercise supplements, with the probable exception of taurine. I would definitely discourage taking any supplement which forces you to take a sleeping pill to sleep. 

48 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Workout supplements were discussed in a prior string. There is little evidence of benefit for almost all exercise supplements, with the probable exception of taurine. I would definitely discourage taking any supplement which forces you to take a sleeping pill to sleep. 

Creatine.  Aminos.  Beta-Alanine.  Caffeine.  These help assist workouts, fat-burning and muscle building immensely.  

SARMS if you want to go stronger.  Full-on gear if you have the compunction.

There are options out there.  You just have to figure out how deep you're willing to dive.

Here is my favorite Non-Caffeinated pre workout! You get all the fun of pre workout (tingling) but none of the caffeine. Stawberry Lemonade is the best flavor 

WWW.TRANSPARENTLABS.COM

Transparent Labs STIM-FREE Pre-Workout is the best pre-workout supplement for athletes and bodybuilders looking to boost performance without caffeine...

On 5/11/2023 at 9:39 AM, FrancisCA said:

Here is my favorite Non-Caffeinated pre workout! You get all the fun of pre workout (tingling) but none of the caffeine. Stawberry Lemonade is the best flavor 

WWW.TRANSPARENTLABS.COM

Transparent Labs STIM-FREE Pre-Workout is the best pre-workout supplement for athletes and bodybuilders looking to boost performance without caffeine...

Although beta-alanine and tyrosine are not technically stimulants most would find their effect very stimulating.  I imagine if you were to take 500mg of tyrosine close to bedtime, you would have a hard time going to sleep. 

On 5/14/2023 at 4:27 PM, Rudynate said:

Although beta-alanine and tyrosine are not technically stimulants most would find their effect very stimulating.  I imagine if you were to take 500mg of tyrosine close to bedtime, you would have a hard time going to sleep. 

Yeah I would still feel the stimulants but with no caffine really done make a differenece 

9 hours ago, FrancisCA said:

Yeah I would still feel the stimulants but with no caffine really done make a differenece 

I used to use a caffiene-free workout formula from BIOTEST that contained a lot of tyrosine.  It wasn't as jittery as products with caffeine.  A dose of tyrosine gives you a very nice lift. 

• 1 month later...

I appreciate the advice! So, here’s what I’m using now: 

Pro-Vaso-CL.png
GRANITESUPPLEMENTS.COM

MAXIMUM VASCULARITY = MAXIMUM PUMP There is a niche movement that is catching hold –...

It’s pretty tart so I usually take a Tums with it 😂 (I have chronic acid reflux.)

I also add some betaine (bought from Bulk Supplements).

I am avoiding beta-alanine (would prefer to avoid itching & tingling lol), as well as tyrosine & ginseng because those two might interfere with sleep, and that’s the reason I cut out the extra caffeine.