History of the Longest Commercial Flights....

azdr0710

scroll thru the slide show and captions......

AA1aIK0I.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l
WWW.MSN.COM

Singapore Airlines has long been the leader of very long-haul flights, having operated the New York-Singapore route for 16 out of the past 27 years.

5 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

scroll thru the slide show and captions......

AA1aIK0I.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l
WWW.MSN.COM

Singapore Airlines has long been the leader of very long-haul flights, having operated the New York-Singapore route for 16 out of the past 27 years.

19 hours crunched in Economy... I wonder how many passengers will drop dead from a DVT...

15 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

19 hours crunched in Economy... I wonder how many passengers will drop dead from a DVT...

'Big Airline' will no doubt keep it quiet!

It must be worth it for Singapore Airlines as they are still operating daily flights to both EWR and JFK. No economy DVT risk though, they operate A350s with only premium economy and business seating. They have even swapped out the A380s that used to operate to JFK via Frankfurt for the smaller B777. Qantas currently operates the third longest route from Perth to London (B787 three classes [no F]) and it is one of the airline's most profitable. I just flew home on No 4, DFW to Melbourne, 17h20, but in premium economy not economy and it was surprisingly bearable.

If/when Qantas start their Project Sunrise flights from the east coast to London and JFK (2025?) they plan a lower than normal seat count on their new A350-1000s and to have a four-class configuration. (They'll be back in NYC before then, joining Air NZ in flying there from AKL next month.)