United Flight 23 on 9/11

EZEtoGRU

TMZ ran a documentary tonight on UA23 which is being referred to as "the 5th flight".  A United flight from JFK to LAX that never got off the ground as the events of the Sept 11, 2001 unfolded.  Multiple suspicious passengers on-board behaving strangely.  Strange things happening on the aircraft after it had been evacuated and the door had been locked.  Interviews with several of the crew members where they indicated they are convinced UA23 was meant to be the 5th plane.  Interestingly, I recall hearing a few murmurs about this at the time but so many other things were happening that I forgot about it.  Also, a small piece of the documentary near the end dealt with how some the UA23 crew members allege they were treated poorly by United after the fact and they ultimately terminated employment with United either by choice or by being pushed out.  

I thought it was quite good and really does raise questions of whether this was investigated properly or not.  Our unusual relationship with Saudi Arabia may well be a cloud hanging over these events that prevents many official comments coming from the FBI.

I know I know...eyeroll cause it's TMZ.  It's worth watching anyway as most of the documentary seems quite credible.

Here's a snippet from on of the UA23 pilots:

11 hours ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Interestingly, I recall hearing a few murmurs about this at the time but so many other things were happening that I forgot about it.

Same here - I clearly remember that morning still in the office, a colleague came into the office a few of us were in - she had someone, a brother, uncle, father, can’t quite recall now, who worked at the FAA, they had just spoke, and he told her to get out of Manhattan NOW, as they were still 2 planes unaccounted for. Our offices were in midtown, so we were doing a staggered shut down - commuter rails first, then subways, then drivers - but when we heard that, it became “everyone leave now”. It was just such a chaotic, scary day in NYC. Interestingly when we were back in the office a few days later, exchanging stories of how we got home, who we knew had been killed, how freaky the city felt, someone asked that colleague about the two planes. She absolutely fronted, smiled and denied she ever said anything. That left us all feeling uneasy. When I saw the trailer, it all came rushing back. I forwarded it to one of my colleagues from back then, his reply was that colleague’s first name and a zipped mouth emoji. 

While I’m no conspiracy theorist, I would agree with @Pensant - we are never going to know the full story. 

I watched it to see what it was all about. It did sound like they were up to something. Although there was a little boy with them and I don't recall there being a child with any of the hijackers on any of the other planes. They also said the FBI did know though who they all were as they had them all on a watch list.