EAST MEN SPA NYC

WilliamNYC1991

Hi,everyone this is William I used to work in Hero SPA on 50th St&9th,59th St and 1st Ave,shangrila and 27th St,energy men spa and east men spa.I am the partner of EMS now.East men spa is nothing fancy but a discreet and peaceful place to speed one hour or two.I've always been trying to my best to ease peoples nerve.We've been proudly providing men's massage for 6 years.I created this topic just want to be nicely asking for advices to build a better spa for men.Only in that way my small business could survive.I will stay in NYC until FEB 28th.Would like to make friends to build a better connection.My email is eastmenspanyc@gmail.com.If you have any suggestions or want to book appointment with request please feel free to contact me.

The most common suggestion that people have is that they would like to see on the website a list of WHO is working at the spa and WHEN they are working there.

Individual masseurs are often recommended here but with no way to know what hours they are available.

I know in Thailand, some of the spas have individual pages for each masseur with an automated calendar showing their bookings. Some even have photographs of the masseur.

I think that is something that would put you ahead of most spas that have very random availability with the guys.

20 minutes ago, spaman said:

walls that go all the way to ceiling and doors, in addition a quiet room with an appropriate temperature. 

Although I agree that would definitely be great. Building codes can make this difficult to offer depending on the space. Closed rooms have requirements for light and air in NYC. A space with a wall that doesn't reach the ceiling doesn't count as a separate room, so it avoids certain restrictions for subdividing a space with many windowless rooms. Air conditioning systems can be centrally located far more cheaply than running  individual ductwork to multiple individual closed rooms. So there is also a cost consideration when this more elaborate kind of system can cost many thousands of dollars more.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:39 PM, pubic_assistance said:

The most common suggestion that people have is that they would like to see on the website a list of WHO is working at the spa and WHEN they are working there.

Individual masseurs are often recommended here but with no way to know what hours they are available.

I know in Thailand, some of the spas have individual pages for each masseur with an automated calendar showing their bookings. Some even have photographs of the masseur.

I think that is something that would put you ahead of most spas that have very random availability with the guys.

thank you for the advice,I totally understand that.I will build up a facebook home page that will show all masseurs schedule and lets start from there.

peace

On 2/16/2023 at 6:09 PM, MarkNY said:

As well, the environment is key.  Your Yelp, Google, and Website are barren and most show your old location.  Things that matter are a clean bathroom, rooms with doors, rooms that have walls that go to the ceiling.  These are the things customers are looking for along with good masseurs

Hey,Mark.I had a 7 years google account but it's just been blocked by google so I have to do with a new google now.This place is nothing fancy but cozy enough.We have individual closed rooms and each room equipped with individual AC to get customers the right temperature.If you had any suggestions or problems with the massages you got in EMS please email to eastmenspanyc@gmail.com with no hesitation.We will make it right.

18 minutes ago, WilliamNYC1991 said:

Hey,Mark.I had a 7 years google account but it's just been blocked by google so I have to do with a new google now.This place is nothing fancy but cozy enough.We have individual closed rooms and each room equipped with individual AC to get customers the right temperature.If you had any suggestions or problems with the massages you got in EMS please email to eastmenspanyc@gmail.com with no hesitation.We will make it right.

I was referring to your Google maps info.  There is merely generic Asian men face shots and one long shot of the awning.  People like to get an interior shot or two so they can see how the spa is set up.  My last massage there was excellent with Leo, no complaints.  But you need to update the information online

28 minutes ago, MarkNY said:

I was referring to your Google maps info.  There is merely generic Asian men face shots and one long shot of the awning.  People like to get an interior shot or two so they can see how the spa is set up.  My last massage there was excellent with Leo, no complaints.  But you need to update the information online

Sounds Great I will take more interior pictures and post them up.Appreciate it .

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just went to New Eastmen Spa on east 16th after a long time . The manager Matthew is doing a very nice job with the place . It’s clean and comfortable . He texted me yesterday to promote the place and finally after a long stretch of just work and travel I was able to get some leisure time . I asked for Leo who is my usual guy in this spa but I was told that he is in China at the moment so I was suggested  William . William is about 40s on the skinny side in shape and gave me a light somewhat technical massage without any sensuality at all (but YMMV). 1/2 hr of over towel and then lots of oil and back rubbing barely touching my nice butt. Once flipped he attempted a mechanical HE which I stopped and so he gave me a very light face massage instead of a foot rub (I take good care of my feet) which would have made more sense . I don’t like to tell the masseur how to do their job unless they asked specifically if they are too heavy or too light. I scheduled 90 min and I was supposed to get a shower scrub at the end for a $96 special but I declined the shower/spa and still got charged $96 plus the massage was 5 min short . I gave my usual big tip and left the place missing Leo a lot. 
To be fair I sent this review to the manager and he was very sweet . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The manager Matthew is doing a very nice job with the place, I totally agree with your about the wonderful experience at east men , i also like their new design elements, and  I saw two youngest sweet asain young man masseur , looks 23 years old betwwen  27  years old , one is shoort , one is  tall 

• 1 month later...

a month or so ago I visited Eastman. Leo was my go to guy there ....gives a great solid strong massage. a new guy Matthew was there and I asked if Leo was around. he told me he was Leo's cousin and that Leo got old and tired and moved back to china.  2 weeks later Leo texted me and explained the lease for Eastman was up so he left and he's massaging at a spot near Columbus circle incase anyone was a fan of his. a month or so ago I visited Eastman. Leo was my go to guy there ....gives a great solid strong massage. a new guy Matthew was there and I asked if Leo was around. he told me he was Leo's cousin and that Leo got old and tired and moved back to china.  2 weeks later Leo texted me and explained the lease for Eastman was up so he left and he's massaging at a spot near Columbus circle incase anyone was a fan of his.... whether I think the lie that Leo moved to china is cool or not, matthew's massage is also good.