Sinodal, in Manhattan

Wanderoz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, ChelseaWest said:

Update. I arrived on time. Waited for 15 minutes. No response. I head to dinner. He texts me back 30 minutes or so later in the evening that he’s sorry, that he fell asleep, and not feeling well. Make what you will of this. [end]

We all have our off days/moments. It can be extremely frustrating for the person who’s ghosted…no recourse really …which is maddening.

at the same time:  sometimes i just to say to myself “it wasn’t meant to be today” and let it go.

Overall his reviews are good … so I’d give him another chance. he’s on my wishlist. 

49 minutes ago, ChelseaWest said:

Update. I arrived on time. Waited for 15 minutes. No response. I head to dinner. He texts me back 30 minutes or so later in the evening that he’s sorry, that he fell asleep, and not feeling well. Make what you will of this. [end]

Btw: You were smart to just go on with your evening after 15 minutes. I’ve been a fool who has waited more than an hour. So stupid. (Guess that was my other head doing the thinking that day)Ha. 

• 1 month later...

Scheduled a session with him today, Sat, 25 Nov 2023. After, two no-shows from provider in the recent past; 1st excuse, overslept, not feeling well;  2nd excuse, it’s my birthday, with family.  

We, the buyers, really should consider pushing back on the upward creep to $300 for satisfactory massage technique with MT and HE. I may start going back to…

STRETCHDSPACE.COM

Experts in assisted stretching, flexibility training & recovery. Stretch therapy, NormaTec compression...

…where I can receive 75 minutes of invigorating stretching, occasionally by a good-looking 30-something fellow. [end]

Edited by ChelseaWest
Correcting spelling

UPDATE: 

PASS ON SINODAL

I wished I had better news! I was desperate to report positivity. Alas, provider has lost ALL muscle tone, and is 25+ pounds overweight, traveling well into the realm of chubby. I don’t mean to body-shame, but the pictures currently on his RMass profile does not represent the product being sold. His body language too suggests he is uncomfortable with his present physique.

Other than the above, the stretching performed by the provider and the observations he made about aspects of my inflexibility indicate that he had some substantive massage training. But…I just couldn’t get past the mis-appearance and the irregularity of the strokes. The smell of cooking upon entering the apartment and the cramped placement of the table in the bedroom did not ameliorate the situation. May be the silver lining is that this massage was not as bland as the massage I recently received from RMass Relaxing_touch, although both failed to deliver $200 of value.

n.b.: Stretched is all about passive stretching, full stop. I was simply commenting that the NYC RMass massage market is no longer delivering good value and that better value, sans extras, can be had at places like Stretched. [end]

On 11/25/2023 at 10:22 PM, ChelseaWest said:

provider has lost ALL muscle tone, and is 25+ pounds overweight, traveling well into the realm of chubby. I don’t mean to body-shame, but the pictures currently on his RMass profile does not represent the product being sold.

You're not "body shaming".

Anyone who charges more than $120 for a massage needs to bring some eye-candy to the table.

And with the exception of the handful of chubby-chaser fetishists, an over weight provider isn't worth more than the massage he is (or isnt) providing.