Joseph_fit in NYC

ZMontoff

https://rent.men/Joseph_fit

So for those of you who saw my post in the Lounge, Gaslighting by Provider, this is the guy. I had seen him on RM for a while and wanted to meet him, so I was willing to pay a deposit. It was what happened after that makes me warn everyone here. After sending the deposit, he didn't respond to me until 24 hours later, even though we were supposed to meet the same day I sent the deposit. Instead of apologizing for not meeting or at least contacting me to let me know he had to change plans, he goes off on some serious gaslighting rants. I'm not sure whether this is his M.O. or if he really believes I did something wrong. From other posts I see here, it looks like he has some problems he needs to deal with. Regardless, he refused to give me a refund at first but finally agreed to it. However, it is now days later, and there's still no refund. I'll just chalk this up as a loss and go back to my policy of not paying deposits for any reason.

His ad is expired now, but I would be very careful about meeting this guy. Under no circumstance pay him in advance. 

26 minutes ago, ZMontoff said:

So for those of you who saw my post in the Lounge, Gaslighting by Provider, this is the guy. I had seen him on RM for a while and wanted to meet him, so I was willing to pay a deposit. It was what happened after that makes me warn everyone here. After sending the deposit, he didn't respond to me until 24 hours later, even though we were supposed to meet the same day I sent the deposit. Instead of apologizing for not meeting or at least contacting me to let me know he had to change plans, he goes off on some serious gaslighting rants. I'm not sure whether this is his M.O. or if he really believes I did something wrong. From other posts I see here, it looks like he has some problems he needs to deal with. Regardless, he refused to give me a refund at first but finally agreed to it. However, it is now days later, and there's still no refund. I'll just chalk this up as a loss and go back to my policy of not paying deposits for any reason.

His ad is expired now, but I would be very careful about meeting this guy. Under no circumstance pay him in advance. 

Oh wow. I have had potential interest in him in the past, but comments from here but me on alert. Then when i checked his easily open and checkable socials, i realized through "regular" life that I have known many people who are in pics with him from his LA based gym days and decided definitively not to reach out based on being potentially too tangentially close type of a thing.

Sorry this happened to you but yeah apparently based on prior peoples experiences on here he's unpredictable.

On 1/2/2023 at 12:15 PM, ZMontoff said:

So sorry you had to go through this. I hope you manage to get a refund somehow. Thanks for warning everyone here. He looks familiar to me. I wonder if he works out at my gym. 

Really sorry about what happened. This happened to me with 'thebenefit' formerly Leomuscle. But I got a pleasant surprise this evening, my bank actually refunded me a year later. Maybe you can do the same if its a lot of money.

I remember reaching out to this guy, but was so unimpressed with his response I just moved on. Not worth it at all. No denying, very good looking and they know it too. But they are narcissistic and only care about robbing people. These are people who will throw you under a bus and or burn bridges. Their heart is made of stone and they are just set in their ways.

The industry has changed so much especially in the US. I am starting the process of going back to hookup apps and go to my local bate club. Its just not worth it anymore. No honor and mutual respect anymore. I believe its also a generational thing; providers from 10 or 20 years ago were raised with some moral compass that you honor an agreement. This generation doesn't think about 'hey this guy probably worked hard for his money, he's alone, needs company, isolated'. And you compound that by scamming them because you just don't care.

• 4 weeks later...