Question about pricing based on nationality

Quartz

I was in Mexico a few months ago and had reached out to a provider who was there from TX. He shared his rate to me, but a minute later said that he thought I was in the US (my profile had indicated I live there, which is true), and that he charge more to Americans.

Of course, he’s welcome to charge anything that he wants. But I’m just wondering whether this is the norm. I’m very new to the industry.

15 hours ago, Quartz said:

I was in Mexico a few months ago and had reached out to a provider who was there from TX. He shared his rate to me, but a minute later said that he thought I was in the US (my profile had indicated I live there, which is true), and that he charge more to Americans.

Of course, he’s welcome to charge anything that he wants. But I’m just wondering whether this is the norm. I’m very new to the industry.

It is quite the norm. As most US and European visitors are able to pay higher prices than most locals, sex workers in Mexico and South America have a double standard for pricing. In some countries it is worse than in others.