Additional Security at LGBTQ Establishments?

keroscenefire

First off...this is not a political discussion on the Club Q shooting.

Rather, I am curious if LGBTQ establishments outside of Colorado are experiencing increased security in light of the Club Q shooting.

In Denver, many gay bars/clubs have implemented new security measures. At one popular gay nightclub, they've implemented almost stadium-style security including metal detectors, pat downs and prohibiting any bag or large items. Almost all have extra security personnel at both the door and roaming the floor.

Just curious if this is something you're seeing at LGBTQ establishments around the country or is this something more localized to Colorado?

47 minutes ago, keroscenefire said:

First off...this is not a political discussion on the Club Q shooting.

Rather, I am curious if LGBTQ establishments outside of Colorado are experiencing increased security in light of the Club Q shooting.

In Denver, many gay bars/clubs have implemented new security measures. At one popular gay nightclub, they've implemented almost stadium-style security including metal detectors, pat downs and prohibiting any bag or large items. Almost all have extra security personnel at both the door and roaming the floor.

Just curious if this is something you're seeing at LGBTQ establishments around the country or is this something more localized to Colorado?

In Las Vegas, the few gay establishments with security checks are the ones frequented the most by out of town straight female tourists and their boyfriends.

The dozens of gay bars throughout the city which are frequented by locals usually only have security in the parking lot to keep the vehicles from being broken into.  On a busy Saturday night they might also check identification for age, but this is not the norm.

I can't speak for what the lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or questioning bars do for security.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982
Addressed all GLBTQ establishments

14 hours ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

The dozens of gay bars throughout the city which are frequented by locals usually only have security in the parking lot to keep the vehicles from being broken into.  On a busy Saturday night they might also check identification for age, but this is not the norm.

What you describe is similar to gay bars in Denver even just a few weeks ago. I guess I am curious if you've noticed anything has changed since the Club Q shooting. 

20 hours ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

The dozens of gay bars throughout the city which are frequented by locals usually only have security in the parking lot to keep the vehicles from being broken into.

I didn’t know that Vegas had dozens of gay bars. Of course, I haven’t been there since 2007 and have no plans to visit.