Unread Forum Content button not functioning?

overeasy

Just logged in this morning, and, per usual, clicked on the Unread Forum Content button....and to my surprise, absolutely nothing came up.  When I went to the individual forums there were indeed new postings which I had not read.  What happened to the "Unread Forum Content" button functionality?

2 hours ago, overeasy said:

Just logged in this morning, and, per usual, clicked on the Unread Forum Content button....and to my surprise, absolutely nothing came up.  When I went to the individual forums there were indeed new postings which I had not read.  What happened to the "Unread Forum Content" button functionality?

I experienced that, as well, this morning.

It has happened to me a few different times in the past.  It's apparently some kind of site glitch, but I don't have the tech savvy to define it to the support team. 

I had this issue a couple of days ago (perhaps coincidentally after I'd shut down and relaunched my browser) but it resolved a few hours later without my having closed the browser in the interim. Content wouldn't load to the unread content view either via the button or the drop-down menu, but the content showed in bold in the forum views. (It works for me now.)

I have a dedicated instance of Elasticsearch setup to help manage search and content discovery on the site. 

Following our move to IPB, there has been two instances of when the index failed to respond properly. I had to rebuild the search index to fix the problem. 

This is something I’m tracking, but don’t yet have a full root cause to what is happening. If it happens, just make me aware and I’ll check what’s going on. I hope to get to a full root cause soon.