Tyler Roberts info ?

Ali Gator

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

At that age, how do you already face heart, liver and kidney failure?

Genuinely curious. 

well, I'm thinking heavy alcohol and drug use? That is the first thing that comes to mind. however, if he had heart failure or an undiagnosed condition of some sort or a restricted blood flow that weakened the heart, it could lead to a buildup in toxins in the kidney and liver which could cause the failure of all 3 at once. 

10 minutes ago, sincitymix said:

well, I'm thinking heavy alcohol and drug use? That is the first thing that comes to mind. however, if he had heart failure or an undiagnosed condition of some sort or a restricted blood flow that weakened the heart, it could lead to a buildup in toxins in the kidney and liver which could cause the failure of all 3 at once. 

I don't want to speculate, I met him once and was the sweetest guy. This is upsetting and sad. I hope he pulls through. I gave  small donation and got a nice note back from his sister.

56 minutes ago, sincitymix said:

Makes sense.

Equally as frightening is not having medical insurance when something like this happens.  

I'm not a doctor, but I understand that there are a number of serious infections that can result in multiple organ failure, regardless of whether there is a history of drug use.  Hopefully whatever meds are being administered will combat the source effectively.  Some bacterial infections have become much more resistant to antibiotics through overprescribing or misprescribing antibiotics.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:53 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

At that age, how do you already face heart, liver and kidney failure?

Genuinely curious. 

If any organ fails, it may put undue strain on others.  Dialysis can help with kidney failure, but kidney failure places greater strains on ones lungs.  Liver failure often compromises lungs and kidneys.  Heart failure can compromise all other organs by limiting proper flow of blood to and from those organs.  Diabetes increases the likelihood of other organs failing.  Genetics may play a role. 

PrEP can have some very adverse reactions to the liver and kidneys. I was on Truvada. i went from normal kidney function into stage 3 early kidney disease. I immediately got off Truvada and within 4 months my eGFR went back to normal.  Those are very very powerful drugs, not to be taken lightly. I am very concerned over the next 5 or ten years what kind of damage so many may have from these powerful drugs.

Edited by Gymowner

11 hours ago, Gymowner said:

PrEP can have some very adverse reactions to the liver and kidneys. I was on Truvada. i went from normal kidney function into stage 3 early kidney disease. I immediately got off Truvada and within 4 months my eGFR went back to normal.  Those are very very powerful drugs, not to be taken lightly. I am very concerned over the next 5 or ten years what kind of damage so many may have from these powerful drugs.

PrEP was highly unlikely the cause for what we're talking about here.

Edited by BenjaminNicholas

12 hours ago, former lurker said:

If any organ fails, it may put undue strain on others.  Dialysis can help with kidney failure, but kidney failure places greater strains on ones lungs.  Liver failure often compromises lungs and kidneys.  Heart failure can compromise all other organs by limiting proper flow of blood to and from those organs.  Diabetes increases the likelihood of other organs failing.  Genetics may play a role. 

Exacerbating these possible failures with lifestyle choices is the likely culprit here.

It's still unfortunate, but avoidable.  

You can only chase the party life for so long.  It all catches up.