RRR…

Tygerscent

Courage, dedication, good will, strength in character, community and guardianship… 

I would be crawling all over you with love right now and with such great passion/ dedication & together if we could provide that same compassion and share it amongst each other… Give something back into humanity that humanity cannot provide for itself~ 

The message in this movie is so honest and important~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

• 1 month later...

The special effects for the many stunt scenes were amazing. Acting was good. Two leads were my type (big, brawny, bearded, macho), so watching them do anything was fun. Production values were impressive.

I found it a little too heavy-handed in how awful the British were as colonial oppressors. I'm not letting the British off the hook, just found it extreme at times and half-expected Darth Vader to show up with a Death Star and a threat to kill everyone in South Asia. And speaking of extreme, some plot points really went overboard, but still, I enjoyed it overall. Both leads demonstrated an unshakeable sense of duty to their quest/mission vs. American movies where we mostly have cynical anti-heroes, so breath of fresh air.

Was it worth its length? Yes. Did I enjoy the music and dancing? Yes. Do I know much about Indian cinema? No, and I've read this is more old-style, and newer Indian films have less spectacle and more nuance. It was fun, mostly, and a great testament to friendship.

• 10 months later...