Medellin travel restrictions

Doe Be Doe

I have been to Colombia recently. You must do their Check-Mig health declaration within 72 hours of your arrival, note arrival, not the boarding date and time. This application can be very temperamental, so be prepared to possibly sweat it out prior to successfully receiving the receipt with some of your data. Read about it online and consider viewing some YouTube tips. Do an image search to pull up some examples of what your receipt looks like. It appears within the application and is not emailed to you. The airline in Montreal required it to board. You declare that you are CoV-vaccinated but do not download it on Check-Mig, but be sure to have proof at the ready at Immigration in case asked. And get this, you must do it again to leave Colombia. Eeesh. Ostensibly to manage exposure of Colombians boarding flights out. And they are asking a few questions on the online form related to Smallpox (aka MPXV) as well; only about exposure / symptoms, NOT vaxx.

Edited by SirBillybob

• 1 month later...

Traveling requirements sometimes change, and for obvious reasons have been changing a lot the last few years. I advise to check the websites of the embassy/consulates, or your airline's. Well intentioned members here could misinform you.

I understand @SirBillybob's advise above is sound, but I would insist that we always check not here but in an official website for this kind of inquiries.