Sweet tears not salty…

Tygerscent

With sadness and shock: The news of transition of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II  brings pause~ 

She fully engaged her life serving as queen with such grace, dignity and dedication~
  A long life lived, a life lived well and a life of upholding the demands/expectations of being Royal Family and Queen: she was all of what defines a queen and more from within her deepest being~

I often listened to her address the country and world~ (I was spending two to three months per year in the UK prior to the pandy~ Her presence and influence unmistakable and undeniable). 

She was human and compassionately so but, really flawless in her deliverance of the duties as Queen in an incredibly flawed world~ 

Her legacy will withstand the test of time and live on in the future: not just for generations but, civilizations to come~ 

Sending warmth of heart, (and not salty tears of her passing), as much as sweet tears remembering her as Queen~
  She was, remains a gift…

A life well lived and an inspiration to all who will see~ 

The Crown will always be hers~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

11 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II was already on the throne when we were born. Probably the only world figure who’s been around our entire lives~  

F78FC256-D661-4DCD-9763-ED10B65657C2.gif

D12DB377-3693-4111-B4A9-E8AEA27D11BE.jpeg

Yes, and likely the only remaining non-retired leader who was also a veteran of WWII.  She saw so much in her 96 years - prepared for her future role as Queen by her grandmother Queen Mary, suffered through the abdication crisis of her uncle King Edward VIII in 1936, watched her parents crowned in 1937, lived through the bombing of London in WWII, the post-war British recovery that lasted a decade, the end of the British Empire in the late 1940s, the early death of her father King George VI in 1952, the social upheavals of the 1960s, the horrors of the Troubles in Northern Ireland beginning in the late 1960s, the assassination of her second-cousin once removed Lord Mountbatten in 1979, the marriages of her 4 children and the subsequent divorces of 3 of them, the burning of Windsor Castle, the death of Diana Princess of Wales in 1997, the death of her sister Princess Margaret in 2002, followed closely by the death of her mother Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother some weeks later, and the death of her husband Prince Philip just last year.  Through it all she remained consistent and dedicated, putting her sworn duty to serve her people above all other considerations.  The one exception being her refusal to return to London immediately after the death of Diana in order to protect her grandsons - in that case she put the needs of her family above the desires of the people.  And still she was criticized for it.   At Diana's funeral she bowed to Diana's coffin as it passed by in the procession - something no sitting monarch would normally do.  She guided the monarchy through its modernization - she began to pay taxes in the late 1990s, she reduced the number of family members eligible for support from the public purse, she opened Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace to the public, she permitted the marriage of her son and heir to a divorced woman - something that had caused the abdication of her uncle just 70 years earlier, she accepted Harry and Megan's decision to leave the Royal Family, and earlier this year she expressed the desire for Camilla to be known as Queen Consort upon her own death - something that many people never would have expected.  She was a great-great-grandchild of Queen Victoria who died 25 years before Queen Elizabeth's birth.  She was 18 years old when Queen Victoria's last surviving child, Princess Beatrice, passed away in 1944.  She was almost 55 when Queen Victoria's last surviving grandchild (and her own great-Aunt) Princess Alice of Athlone passed away in 1981.  She was 86 when Queen Victoria's last great-grandchild Count Bernadotte of Sweden passed away in 2012.   She was only 18 months away from becoming the oldest member of the British Royal Family by blood - only Princess Alice of Athlone lived longer.  She enjoyed more than 96 years of life - the vast majority of those years in robust health.  She became heir to the throne almost 86 years ago, and was Queen for more than 70.  She enjoyed a marriage that lasted more than 73 years, and lived to see two of her children enter their 70s.  She celebrated four jubilees (1977, 2002, 2012 and 2022), travelled to 120 countries, and covered more than 1 million miles during her reign.  She visited us here in Canada 22 times.  We will never see her like again.  The second Elizabethan Age has sadly drawn to a close.  God save the King.

Edited by CuriousByNature

On 9/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, CuriousByNature said:

Yes, and likely the only remaining non-retired leader who was also a veteran of WWII.  She saw so much in her 96 years - prepared for her future role as Queen by her grandmother Queen Mary, suffered through the abdication crisis of her uncle King Edward VIII in 1936, watched her parents crowned in 1937, lived through the bombing of London in WWII, the post-war British recovery that lasted a decade, the end of the British Empire in the late 1940s, the early death of her father King George VI in 1952, the social upheavals of the 1960s, the horrors of the Troubles in Northern Ireland beginning in the late 1960s, the assassination of her second-cousin once removed Lord Mountbatten in 1979, the marriages of her 4 children and the subsequent divorces of 3 of them, the burning of Windsor Castle, the death of Diana Princess of Wales in 1997, the death of her sister Princess Margaret in 2002, followed closely by the death of her mother Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother some weeks later, and the death of her husband Prince Philip just last year.  Through it all she remained consistent and dedicated, putting her sworn duty to serve her people above all other considerations.  The one exception being her refusal to return to London immediately after the death of Diana in order to protect her grandsons - in that case she put the needs of her family above the desires of the people.  And still she was criticized for it.   At Diana's funeral she bowed to Diana's coffin as it passed by in the procession - something no sitting monarch would normally do.  She guided the monarchy through its modernization - she began to pay taxes in the late 1990s, she reduced the number of family members eligible for support from the public purse, she opened Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace to the public, she permitted the marriage of her son and heir to a divorced woman - something that had caused the abdication of her uncle just 70 years earlier, she accepted Harry and Megan's decision to leave the Royal Family, and earlier this year she expressed the desire for Camilla to be known as Queen Consort upon her own death - something that many people never would have expected.  She was a great-great-grandchild of Queen Victoria who died 25 years before Queen Elizabeth's birth.  She was 18 years old when Queen Victoria's last surviving child, Princess Beatrice, passed away in 1944.  She was almost 55 when Queen Victoria's last surviving grandchild (and her own great-Aunt) Princess Alice of Athlone passed away in 1981.  She was 86 when Queen Victoria's last great-grandchild Count Bernadotte of Sweden passed away in 2012.   She was only 18 months away from becoming the oldest member of the British Royal Family by blood - only Princess Alice of Athlone lived longer.  She enjoyed more than 96 years of life - the vast majority of those years in robust health.  She became heir to the throne almost 86 years ago, and was Queen for more than 70.  She enjoyed a marriage that lasted more than 73 years, and lived to see two of her children enter their 70s.  She celebrated four jubilees (1977, 2002, 2012 and 2022), travelled to 120 countries, and covered more than 1 million miles during her reign.  She visited us here in Canada 22 times.  We will never see her like again.  The second Elizabethan Age has sadly drawn to a close.  God save the King.

These are some of her many interactions in life… her greater influence will be volumes~ 

I am staying home and quiet the next few days~ I won’t be able to see the entire proceedings because, I am traveling out on the 13th but, I will be silently, within myself, in mourning throughout and beyond~ 
 She has been the Sterling example and “memories of influence” in several generations directly, (and undoubtedly more to come~). 
 In a world of billions… she was an authentic And sincere “One” among the many~
 So many strive to be leaders, kings, queens… but, she was actually “born” a Queen~ It was in her being… any others placed in her life moments would not have been able to live up to the standards and demands of this complexly complicated and often times broken world~
 What many hope and strive to become, she was, by nature, born as~ 

There is no other I would consider accomplished and deserving of the title “Majesty”~ The word does not as much define Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as does she give new definition to that word~

7 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

These are some of her many interactions in life… her greater influence will be volumes~ 

I am staying home and quiet the next few days~ I won’t be able to see the entire proceedings because, I am traveling out on the 13th but, I will be silently, within myself, in mourning throughout and beyond~ 
 She has been the Sterling example and “memories of influence” in several generations directly, (and undoubtedly more to come~). 
 So many strive to be leaders, kings, queens… but, she was actually “born” a Queen~ It was in her being… any others placed in her life moments would not have been able to live up to the standards and demands of this complexly complicated and often times broken world~

There is no other I would consider accomplished and deserving of the title “Majesty”~ The word does not as much define Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as does she give new definition to that word~

If you happen to be on the road and have access to the BBC website, they will probably be doing a pretty constant loop of coverage I imagine.  That may be the best way to keep on top of the proceedings if you are unable to watch them live.  Here in Canada we are waiting to hear if Trudeau will make the day of her funeral a national holiday or not.  I hope he does - it would be a one-time thing, not every year.

9 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

I agree with all you have expressed and to add there was such an elegance in her appearance.  She has to be the best dressed Queen of all time from her tailored ensembles to the beautifully made matching hats.  Always perfectly worn in style and elegance.  There was an inborn sincerity that came through despite all that she had endured in her lifetime.  Just a remarkable woman who has her place in history forever.  To live to that age and remain functional until the very end is the way to go.  May she rest in peace.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:59 AM, Redwine56 said:

I agree with all you have expressed and to add there was such an elegance in her appearance.  She has to be the best dressed Queen of all time from her tailored ensembles to the beautifully made matching hats.  Always perfectly worn in style and elegance.  There was an inborn sincerity that came through despite all that she had endured in her lifetime.  Just a remarkable woman who has her place in history forever.  To live to that age and remain functional until the very end is the way to go.  May she rest in peace.

QEII Rainbow.jpg