Alternative to Yahoo Finance?

During the trading day I'm somewhat glued to Yahoo Finance.  I don't really care about the price streaming (I use Fidelity's Active Trader Pro for that (not that I'm an active trader)), but whatever business news about whatever stocks I follow is helpful.  I like that it let's me follow an unlimited amount of stocks and that it's free, but it's pretty buggy.  I've tried CNBC but it either didn't let me follow that many stocks or didn't have a good news feed (I forget which).  Curious if anyone on here has a better alternative to suggest?

Kevin Slater

40 minutes ago, Kevin Slater said:

During the trading day I'm somewhat glued to Yahoo Finance.  I don't really care about the price streaming (I use Fidelity's Active Trader Pro for that (not that I'm an active trader)), but whatever business news about whatever stocks I follow is helpful.  I like that it let's me follow an unlimited amount of stocks and that it's free, but it's pretty buggy.  I've tried CNBC but it either didn't let me follow that many stocks or didn't have a good news feed (I forget which).  Curious if anyone on here has a better alternative to suggest?

Kevin Slater

I usually have Koyfin running on a separate screen - not sure I would say it is “better”.  For news feeds, I also use Yahoo Finance (and have for many years).

I subscribe to the paper edition of the Wall Street Journal.  It works for me because:

1. Paper newspapers help keep me from being addicted to a screen all day.  I read the paper during lunch, and then the rest of the day I don't think about the news or money matters.

2. Besides having information and articles about companies that interest me, I can skim the headlines and perhaps learn something about a company I otherwise wouldn't have followed.  I'm not subject to computer algorithms which would keep feeding me more articles like the ones I've already read.

• 4 weeks later...