Making Purchases from Facebook Feed of Advertisements??

Axiom2001

Daily I receive gorgeous ads on my Facebook feed that range from men's bracelets, shirts, socks, and a sundry of other items.   I've made at least three different purchases from FB ads and have been successful.  I'd also made a purchase some three months or so back that I have never received, thus causing me to be skeptical in my making future purchases from ads that appear in my Facebook feed. 

Today an ad showing some gorgeous short sleeve shirts popped up; the only contact info. listed for the "company" was an email address. Because of a complete lack of contact information for this "company," I "aint" buying.

My question to you is:  Have you made any purchase/s from ads that appear on your Facebook page, and have you been more successful than not?

2 hours ago, Axiom2001 said:

My question to you is:  Have you made any purchase/s from ads that appear on your Facebook page, and have you been more successful than not?

I've made a number of purchases over the years - most have been successful.  Where I've had challenges is with clothes, in particular shirts.  I typically wear either a medium or large (I'm in the US) and though they can vary widely even in stores in the US, I've found that online it can be extreme.  I've bought shirts that I don't think my tiniest of friends could get on and I kid you not, I bought another shirt that literally came down to my knees (I'm 5'10") - the fit was fine otherwise...lol. 

First, always use PayPal.  Second, do not order anything out of China.  I bought several things mostly off of Instagram and Twitter that had a great ad and made the product seem fantastic.....excellent marketing for what turned out to be crap.  Had my money refunded several times by PayPal. The problem is that they hide China based company and you don't know it's from China until you check out and receipt is in Chinese.

I've looked at items from Facebook ads several times over the last several years...  including several purchases.  

1/3 of them went fine.  No issues.
1/3 of them were wrong size or significantly different than what was expected.
1/3 of them I bought from Amazon for less.  (It was the same item as something I found on Amazon for less price or much faster/guaranteed shipping).  

2 hours ago, ButchAtl said:

So, does the amazon puchase ever get sent from China? 

As you mentioned, on some sites,  other than Amazon, sometimes you won't know an item will be shipped from China until later.  Of my very few items purchased from websites, you can discover its from China and then it takes several weeks to arrive.  At least, those I make actually arrived.

On Amazon, I've found third-party items not eligible for Prime which are sold AND shipped by the seller and have an extended delivery time are indicative of items being shipped from overseas (mostly China).  I try to avoid those since return policies differ and if they do accept them, the return postage is usually as much as, if not more, than the actual item.  

I've ordered two items from Facebook ads.  One was a bed for my dog, which was shipped domestically and it's fine.  The other was one of those wooden cutouts of a person and a dog.  Complete crap.  It wasn't even wood, wouldn't stand up, and had rough edges.  Of course, the seller shipped from China and the item would need to be returned there.  They offered me a 40% refund without having to return the item. I declined and fought them on principle.  They rely on customers not wanting to be bothered, since the item was $27 and costs $20 postage to return it.  I threatened to file a payment dispute with PayPal and to bombard their social media advertisements with negative comments.  I had a full refund two days later without returning the item. 

5 hours ago, ButchAtl said:

So, does the amazon puchase ever get sent from China? 

As you mentioned, on some sites,  other than Amazon, sometimes you won't know an item will be shipped from China until later.  Of my very few items purchased from websites, you can discover its from China and then it takes several weeks to arrive.  At least, those I make actually arrived.

I usually stick to "prime" sellers and that usually means it comes from the US.  I must buy 1000 things a year from Amazon, and I bet I've only had a half dozen that were seriously delayed because they came from China.

I did, however, once buy something from a Facebook ad and never received it.  The difference is that Amazon will give me a refund.  For the lost Facebook transaction, I used a debit card so that was that.  Had I used a credit card, I could've done a charge back.  Since then, I've somewhat assumed most the Facebook ads are scams and just prefer to find the item elsewhere.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:41 AM, Axiom2001 said:

Thanks, guys, but let's remain focused, please.  I am ONLY concerned about making purchases from ads that appear on one's FACEBOOK page or in your feed per se.  

Again, thanks to those posters who complied with my genuine request.  🙂

Please adhere to the initial request that principally focuses on FACEBOOK ONLY!!!!!!