Happy Birthday, @honcho

Whitman

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, it's so nice to be remembered.  15 months ago, my boyfriend finally succeeded in getting me to go back to the gym; but doing 3 x 4 hours stints of (3000 yds swimming + 2 hours of weights), plus practicing music regularly, and getting on the board of a new musical non-profit just ate up all the free hours of the week.  I did drop about a dozen pounds or so from my lockdown max.

Last June 8th was a divisible-by-10 birthday.

This week I think I finally fell victim to the virus, so I have extra time on my hands while isolating.

I had been moderna-ized with 2 subsequent boosters, and the worst symptom is a really, really bad sore throat.  I did a rapid antigen test 60 hours after the symptoms began, which came back negative.  I took a PCR test this morning and won't know the results for another 36 hours.  I think I acquired it by playing in a pair of old-fashioned band concerts, July 3rd and 4th.  The clarinet player sitting right behind me (most likely 3 feet away for 90 minutes) developed a sore throat the night of the 3rd, opted not to participate on the 4th of out an abundance of caution, and only tested positive about 48 hours later.  Subsequently 4 other members of the band also reported positive antigen tests.

I'm glad to see that the forum persists!

Thank you all ...

Keith.

Great to see a message from you this morning, @honcho (Keith), and to hear that you have been otherwise (and enjoyably) occupied over the last several months.

If it turns out you do have Covid, here's hoping (despite the bad sore throat) that it's a relatively mild case from which you quickly recover. Take care of yourself.