Formatting menu

Lookin

I seem to have a fairly basic formatting menu with only ten items on it as I type this post: bold, italic, underline, text color, link, quote, emoji, bulleted list, preview, and gifs.

Sometimes when Mars is in retrograde, or I set my Safari browser window to exactly the right width, a few more options will show up - like left justify and center justify.  A few months ago there was a right justify option but I can't get that to show up anymore no matter what I do.

In the old forum software, I used to be able to add HTML commands that would give me all kinds of formatting options, but the editing window doesn't seem to recognize those.  [s]This used to be strikethrough.[/s]  [right]This used to justify right.[/right]

I read somewhere that HTML commands can present security risks, so maybe they've been disabled in the new software.

And there may be a whole bunch of formatting commands right in plain sight that I'm just overlooking.  unsure.gif

I'm wondering if the formatting menu has been changing over the past year, or if my eyesight is just getting worse.  🤓  Thanks for any tips!

The menu is built to be responsive. There are three versions of it… phone, tablet, laptop/desktop. Your browser will automatically pick which of the three to use based on how wide your browser window is. 

If your screen width is variable (meaning it’s not full screen width), you’re most likely going between laptop mode and tablet mode. 

So the menu is not changing… just your width. :) 

Ah, thank you! 👍  Just went into full screen mode and I've got sixteen items in the formatting menu: bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, link, quote, code, emoji, bulleted list, numbered list, left justify, center, text color, text size, preview, and gifs.  I should be able to get to these reliably from now on.

One remaining question: Is there a right justify formatting option?  I think there used to be one, but it no longer shows up even in full screen mode.

I tried monkeying around with the code menu, in which I selected HTML, but I haven't been able to make it work.  I'm not asking for a tutorial.  I'll just keep experimenting until I can figure it out.  The only thing I'd use it for would be the right justify option, assuming that one's gone for good as a menu item.

We had not had a right align since we first moved to IPB.  (I believe it existed in the Xenforo editor by default.)

It's not included in the IPB DEFAULT editor, but I manually added it to the desktop view.  (The tablet and mobile views don't have enough space without wrapping to another line of text.)

This text should be right aligned.  

• 2 weeks later...