Health clubs manhattan

Eztraveler

Not sure if this is the right place to post this? 

Does anyone here go to the health clubs in manhattan? I like saunas and steam rooms. Just wondering what the recommendations are post-quarantine. 

I like spa castle but its so far from manhattan.
Russian and Turkish baths is ok, lots of guys trying to be discreet, but attendants are pretty aggressive
I've been to the ymca, but some of their steam rooms/saunas are still closed for some reason.
I really miss K-town spa and Premiere 57

I've been looking at the health clubs in nyc, like the mercedes club, and manhattan plaza club, does anyone have the 411 on those places? Is there a lot of eye candy? Any possibility of action?

Also did nysc or equinox reopen their steam rooms and what/if any are good locations for possible action.

7 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Equinox Hudson Yards and the rest of the chain in NYC has steam open.

I also use the NYSC and Retro Fitness chains when I'm in the boroughs and they're all open for steam/sauna.

Spa Castle is oddly closed.  Has been since 4/25.  No explanation given.  All shut down.

Spa Castle closed due to a fire in the kitchen area. They re-opening in a few days.

7 hours ago, Eztraveler said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this? 

Does anyone here go to the health clubs in manhattan? I like saunas and steam rooms. Just wondering what the recommendations are post-quarantine. 

I like spa castle but its so far from manhattan.
Russian and Turkish baths is ok, lots of guys trying to be discreet, but attendants are pretty aggressive
I've been to the ymca, but some of their steam rooms/saunas are still closed for some reason.
I really miss K-town spa and Premiere 57

I've been looking at the health clubs in nyc, like the mercedes club, and manhattan plaza club, does anyone have the 411 on those places? Is there a lot of eye candy? Any possibility of action?

Also did nysc or equinox reopen their steam rooms and what/if any are good locations for possible action.

McBurney YMCA on 14th street, enough said.

Stephen Colbert Drinking GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

8 hours ago, Harryinny said:

The steam of TMPL on Astor Place is open as is the one on 49th St, the later cows though.

The 49th TMPL sauna and steam allow both men and women, though typically mostly men. Sometimes the Astor Place men’s steam gets nod nod wink wink active.

4 hours ago, Eztraveler said:

How crazy is the action there? I went and nobody was doing anything?

You might’ve gone during a slow time, but it’s definitely been busy AF when I’ve gone. I go in the mornings when I get off of work and as soon as I get there, there’s usually plenty of stuff going on. 

4 hours ago, Eztraveler said:

Also is there any cruising at NY Spa in queens? Also is it nude or do guys wear towels?

It’s the same premise as Spa Castle, King Spa etc. They have a gender separated “nude only” area. NY Spa & Sauna isn’t really cruisy at all though so if you’re going there for the purpose of cruising, you’re gonna be VERY disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mcskill said:

You mean the premiere 57?

Yup!

Supposedly they’re looking to re-open in 2023 with a new name though. Hopefully that’s still the plan because the Manhattan location (although it was more expensive) was definitely a hidden gem.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:58 AM, Eztraveler said:

How crazy is the action there? I went and nobody was doing anything?

Have you gone back? I go every Tuesday morning & Wednesday morning when I get off of work, and there’s literally ALWAYS something happening. Just last Tuesday there was a nice circle jerk session in the steam room with one of the lifeguards, and on Wednesday there was a little mini circle jerk by the lockers in the back, along with some steam room action.

18 hours ago, RBENJI said:

Have you gone back? I go every Tuesday morning & Wednesday morning when I get off of work, and there’s literally ALWAYS something happening. Just last Tuesday there was a nice circle jerk session in the steam room with one of the lifeguards, and on Wednesday there was a little mini circle jerk by the lockers in the back, along with some steam room action.

what time in the morning?

3 hours ago, giveitaway113 said:

is there a spot that's best checking out naked guys? Like where has the hottest clientele?

specifically thinking of places where there's a gender separated all nude area.

Spa Castle, in NYC. King Spa or Island Spa in NJ, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to the spas soon with a friend whose coming into town

Questions:

Which is better at Russian Turkish Baths, boris shift or david shift? Or is there no fun during either anymore?

Are friday evenings/nights at spa castle fine? Or does action die after the afternoon.

• 5 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 7:03 PM, EVdude said:

The 49th TMPL sauna and steam allow both men and women, though typically mostly men. Sometimes the Astor Place men’s steam gets nod nod wink wink active.

astor place steam room is closing. they're putting in a sauna.   what are things like at equinox orchard street?  or is the 14th street y the best bet?