Poor @JoeMendoza!!!

The Real: Cancelled, No Ninth Season for Daytime Talk Show

April 9, 2022.

Daytime television will be a little less real in the fall. The Real has been cancelled after eight seasons by Warner Bros. Television. The syndicated daytime talk show airs on Fox-owned stations in major markets, and Variety reports that Fox stations were opting out of bringing the series back next fall. That loss of stations led to the series’ cancellation.

Hosted by Garcelle Beauvais, Adrienne Houghton, Loni Love, and Jeannie Mai Jenkins, the ladies tackle current event topics of the day. The daytime series uses a panel format similar to the one seen on The View on ABC, and The Talk on CBS.

The Real premiered in 2013, and it became a staple of Fox-owned stations in 2014. An end date for the series has not yet been revealed but it won’t be returning in the fall.

Source: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-real-cancelled-no-ninth-season-for-daytime-talk-show/

I'm so sorry @JoeMendoza!!!  Just know that I am here for you in your time of grief.

To be honest, I had given on on The Real awhile ago.   I found the show had gotten just too fluffy for me,  I realized I need a bit more substance with my fluff....  Garcelle was boring and Loni had just gotten annoying.

So R.I.P The Real, and Adrienne, i'll catch you on "I Can See your Voice"....

And @JoeMendoza, do you need me to send you a comforting "cheesecake" ?   

16 minutes ago, jjkrkwood said:

I realized I need a bit more substance with my fluff....  Garcelle was boring and Loni had just gotten annoying.

Amanda Seales left because they wouldn't let her discuss more substantive stuff.  And it's just never been the same without Tam.

On 4/11/2022 at 1:02 PM, JoeMendoza said:

Thank you for being there in my time of grief.

I feel your pain, man!

2 hours ago, jjkrkwood said:

To be honest, I had given on on The Real awhile ago.   I found the show had gotten just too fluffy for me,  I realized I need a bit more substance with my fluff....  Garcelle was boring and Loni had just gotten annoying.

So R.I.P The Real, and Adrienne, i'll catch you on "I Can See your Voice"....

And @JoeMendoza, do you need me to send you a comforting "cheesecake" ?   

thanks @jjkrkwood - if that cheesecake can be low-carb and low-cal (since my nutritionist is telling me to just have those), that'd be great. 

the ladies will be fine. they've already paved the way for having diverse representation in daytime TV so I'm hopeful for more to come. I just hope the rest of the folks that work behind the show actually can bounce back from this too (not sure how unemployment works in CA).

1 hour ago, JoeMendoza said:

thanks @jjkrkwood - if that cheesecake can be low-carb and low-cal (since my nutritionist is telling me to just have those), that'd be great. 

the ladies will be fine. they've already paved the way for having diverse representation in daytime TV so I'm hopeful for more to come. I just hope the rest of the folks that work behind the show actually can bounce back from this too (not sure how unemployment works in CA).

Nutritionists !   bah humbug,  they tell you that bullshit while they sit home and eat junkfood....  I bet that nutritionist is eatting full-fat cheesecake after cashing your check ?    And when you see whats happening in the world, you realize life is fragile and short.    So you have to enjoy yourself.   So fuck low carb and low cal  and "impossible" meat.   Pig out on the real stuff and ENJOY !   The end result is the same for all of us,  we're gonna die.   😮

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2022 at 6:52 PM, JoeMendoza said:

Ay, pobrecito!  How are you doing knowing that there won't be a new episode coming Monday?

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:02 PM, MysticMenace said:

Thank you for being there in my time of grief. Although it might give some hope that, in addition to Garcelle continuing on RHOBH, that Jeannie Mai might be open to joining RHOA and Adrienne in the new version of RHONY. 

Jeannie's divorce drama has been loads of fun.  Adrienne spent over $1 million on failed IVF before going with a surrogate.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:54 PM, samhexum said:

Amanda Seales left because they wouldn't let her discuss more substantive stuff.  And it's just never been the same without Tam.

Amanda Seales Speaks On Her Strained Relationship With ‘Insecure’ Co-Star Issa Rae: “She Was Not Empowering To Me”

Amanda Seales Speaks On Her Strained Relationship With ‘Insecure’ Co-Star Issa Rae: “She Was Not Empowering To Me”

Edited by samhexum
to ensure maximum delight for the reader!

51 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Jeannie's divorce drama has been loads of fun.  Adrienne spent over $1 million on failed IVF before going with a surrogate.

“She didn’t feel like I was needed,” Seales said. “She didn’t feel like I deserved to be protected.

tickets for the AMANDA SEALES: NOBODY APPRECIATES ME!!! tour now on sale!

Did you listen to the 3 hour interview on YouTube? And yes, the Jeanie v Jeezy divorce drama has gotten wild!